Photo

Xbmc - Strange Problem With Pmiii Skin Latest Release..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 johnnycab13

johnnycab13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:59 PM

I have updated to the latest build of T3ch SVN build of 31/8/08 and getting no text appearing for all the labels i.e. Programs, Videos, Music etc. on the Main menu and any of the sub menus, although the Icons and screens are fine in the Project Mayhem III skin - all other skins seem to be fine and display the fonts properly even Aeon! I tried changing the setting for fonts from default to Arial (which I assume is the default anyways) it made no difference.

I have been running XBMC for almost 4 years. I have updated in the usual way as I have always done i.e. FTP to the box - delete everything in the Apps/XBMC and sending the new build into the directory, and then manually calibrate Video, Audio and Cache settings. I have also deleted the contents of the 0face008 directory in TDATA & UDATA. This has never happened before and is pretty annoying as I am quite used to the skin and want to continue using it.

Also, I can use the other skins to calibrate the settings etc. However, when I play the video files - I don't get any Menus - it just does not appear, very strange!

I would really appreciate some help here...what else can I do to get everything back in order?

#2 evilkorn

evilkorn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

Did you delete while xbmc is running? IF so some files will be in use and won't delete. Boot into another dash then delete the folder and replace it.

#3 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

you overwrote your existing XBMC install .. you have to do a complete clean install.

#4 johnnycab13

johnnycab13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(evilkorn @ Sep 5 2008, 04:28 PM) View Post

Did you delete while xbmc is running? IF so some files will be in use and won't delete. Boot into another dash then delete the folder and replace it.

yeah that was the case and it has been everytime I have updated, that the skins & media folder will not delete, which hold the PMIII skin and the Arial font respectively. But it has never caused me any problems before. So, had to go in through EvoX and then delete those previously locked files.

All good now ;--))

QUOTE(c-2 @ Sep 5 2008, 07:01 PM) View Post

you overwrote your existing XBMC install .. you have to do a complete clean install.

I always delete absolutely everything in the XBMC folder, even the Userdata folder - obviously with the exception of the above named files, before FTPing the new version. I am assuming this would be classed as a fresh install?

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:18 AM

If you're not deleting everything, then it isn't "clean".

#6 johnnycab13

johnnycab13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Sep 7 2008, 06:54 AM) View Post

If you're not deleting everything, then it isn't "clean".

ok - so if I delete everything in the Apps/XBMC folder by FTPing through EvoX or other dashboard, are there any other files or folders that are connected to XBMC that might hold any settings which interfere with a new install?

BTW, I usually delete the 0face008 folder in TDATA/UDATA folders, when updating - but I can't remember why...

#7 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

To my understanding, XBMC doesn't use those "face" folders (that's it's save game entry, see), though old versions used to. Truth be told I'm not even sure why it still makes them.

Incedently, you might consider keeping your UserData folder with future updates (if only so you don't have to redo your sources and skin settings every time). I haven't wiped mine out for well over a year now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users