The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

So i got spore, quite enjoying it. Can finally get online and EA's colllosal server f**k up on release day (typical EA).

SO who else has got it and what do you think?, feel free to add me to your buddies, my spore name is grimd.

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

its decent, i think its too wide and not deep. Though i havent gotten to space yet which i guess is the best part of the game. So we shall see.

#3 yayupp

yayupp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Computers
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

I played the trial version and didn't meet my expectations. But, that was just the trial. So let me know how it goes once you get to space. Looks really cool!

I'm saving my money for the Force Unleashed.

#4 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

Most people seem to like it a lot. I was just interested in whether it could teach kids about evolution or not, but it seems it's not that educative. If kids get the "opposite" view that it's creationism, I'd be really pissed.

#5 Kraptreon

Kraptreon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:they smell like cheese but they're not they're more like frogs
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:26 AM

The games pretty mediocre and yeah its more creationism since nothing actually evolves on its own. I thought the game would be like the sims or black and white where the creatures were not totally controlled by the user and they would actually evolve. Instead your in complete control of the creature the whole game and nothing actually evolves, you just pick and choose what you want on your creature. The is then broken up into various "evolutionary" stages which essentially just make the game into a bunch of $5 mini games as a whole. The game is also lacking in multilayer which would actually give it some replay value but instead it just shares creatures online. One final note is theres also bullshit copy protection that only allows you to install the game 3 times, you'll have to read up on it because i wont have any problem with it due to that i probably wont install the game again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users