yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hey so I just purchased my friends old PC, and halfway through a bios update, something crashed and left the motherboard in an unbootable state.
After purchasing the computer, I noticed that the motherboard, a DFI Blood Iron, was a few revisions back from the latest BIOS. The computer does not have a floppy drive, so as per instructions on the DFI website, I attempted to update using a program called WinFlash. Everything seemed to be going great, the bios successfully erased, and WinFlash appeared to be writing the new revision successfully. Suddenly, something crashed in WinFlash, and BAM the computer died. Upon reboot, the computer wont even reach the POST screen.
As far as I can tell, there is no jumpers to revert to the factory BIOS, nor is there a socketable bios chip to easily repair this board. DFI doesn't want to help me with this problem, so now it looks like im just going to have to purchase a new board.

Anyone have any suggestions? My only preference is that it is CHEAP, but SLI would be a nice bonus....

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=660078

#3 yaazz

yaazz