theinsanitytest

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

I have had an xbox with an x3 chip installed on it for well over a year now. I have not had a single problem with it until last night. When I turn it (with the modchip on) it turns on and off, on and off, then turns on and starts blinking red and green. When I hold the power button the xbox turns on fine (with the modchip not on). I figured this was a result of a frag but what would cause this to happen all of a sudden? I have had problems with my xbox when I was in the installation process and llama was my savior but with them closed (not closed closed but not offering repair services anymore) I am not sure on what to do. Is it something I can fix? If not who runs a service close to llama that I could use to get this repaired?

To disclose the only change I know of, I have moved into my dorm and it seems a bit more dusty here then back home but I don't think this is the result of the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:cheers:

Edited by theinsanitytest, 09 September 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#2 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

Recheck the soldering and install of the chip, they have been known to come loose especially after some movement.

#3 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

Isn't there also the pinheader/no-solder option for those? I've heard a lot about them coming loose after movement.

At any rate, definitely check the chip to see if it came loose. If you do have the no-solder option, then it's likely a very easy fix.

#4 theinsanitytest

theinsanitytest

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:36 AM

This is a solder chip, back in my day there were no, "no solder" chips wink.gif.

#5 theinsanitytest

theinsanitytest

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

Alright winter break is about to start with me and I'll finally have the time/means to open this xbox up. My question is though if hypothetically the chip no longer works, can I use: http://www.divineo.c...dd-xb_x3ce.html and lay it on top of the pin header already soldered in? (Assuming that it is just the chip going "bad"). Before purchasing the chip I plan on opening up the box and checking to see if the chip simply came lose. What exactly is the 256k backup boot up option though, I have never used it and worse case scenario I'll use this to go about fixing my issues. Any input is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users