• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Bach: Xbox Biz Unaffected by Slumping Economy
Posted by XanTium | September 10 09:34 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From edge-online.com:

Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, says his unit hasn't seen a slowdown in consumer spending in the face of the economic downturn.

Bach went on to add that the Xbox business has been doing very well. He said that the videogame industry moves on new release cycles rather than economic ones and predicted a strong holiday shopping season for Xbox.

Full Story: edge-online.com

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

He will in Europe, every where I look it seems we are getting worse hit than America, I guess because we are a smaller country and rely on the bigger countries for imports. The news everyday is completely depressing always about the downturn in the housing market and the retail sector. With rising energy bills I really think people are going to struggle this winter if the government don't help with tax's etc (since we pay substantially more on everything than the USA) then I don't see people rushing out buying games, attachments etc for a long time..I think people will wait till the January sales imho.

#3 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(bucko @ Sep 10 2008, 09:23 AM) View Post

He will in Europe, every where I look it seems we are getting worse hit than America, I guess because we are a smaller country and rely on the bigger countries for imports. The news everyday is completely depressing always about the downturn in the housing market and the retail sector. With rising energy bills I really think people are going to struggle this winter if the government don't help with tax's etc (since we pay substantially more on everything than the USA) then I don't see people rushing out buying games, attachments etc for a long time..I think people will wait till the January sales imho.

that is interesting to hear and get another perspective on things because everything you said is what we are experiencing here in the USA with the economy stuff - esp relating to housing market and energy costs.

maybe this article is more prophetic than factual in order to encourage people to spend more in the gaming sector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users