dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:36 PM

From tomshardware
http://www.tomshardw...pires,6343.html

Despite its legacy of producing some of the very finest strategy games with its Age of Empire and Age of Mythology age of mythology series, Microsoft decided that it would be financially disadvantageous to continue to operate the wholly-owned Ensemble Studios.

“Microsoft has decided to close Ensemble Studios following the completion of Halo Wars,” the company said in a statement. “This was a fiscally-rooted decision that keeps [Microsoft Games Studios] on its growth path.”

Must make you feel motivated to do a good job with Halo Wars, knowing that when it is done, you are out of work.

#2 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(dokworm @ Sep 10 2008, 11:12 PM) View Post

Must make you feel motivated to do a good job with Halo Wars, knowing that when it is done, you are out of work.

Exactly what I thought. If i was told I was being fired half way through a project i wouldn't put my heart and soul into the rest of it

Its not like that studio made some of the best RTS games ever..... oh.... wait

#3 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(DeMoN_DARREN @ Sep 11 2008, 10:04 AM) View Post

Exactly what I thought. If i was told I was being fired half way through a project i wouldn't put my heart and soul into the rest of it

Its not like that studio made some of the best RTS games ever..... oh.... wait

while thats one way to look at it, i would do the exact opposite.

i would do what ever i could to increase the games quality. if halo wars makes a big impact on 360 sales, it very well could make microsoft re-think about closing the department down and that is only going to happen if the developers put every thing they can into it to make it an amazing game.

even if they still did close it after that, it would make the in-house company go out with a bang, instead of just being forgotten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users