• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 macisp2000

macisp2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

I have alot of Xbox's that I use throughout the house for XBMC and my first chip was a Matrix, I have Xeniums in the others. I know the Xeniums do a lot more, but I just love the simple install with the Matrix chips and no strange on/off/eject switch. I would like to buy or trade anyone who is willing to part with some Matrix chips or if someone could tell me a place that would still sell them. Please PM and post any info, thank you.

Mac

#2 lAze_a55

lAze_a55

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

I don't have any matrix chips, but aren't they similar to a cheapmod? If you fancy constructing your own, I have several 49LF020 chips and 32 pin plcc sockets I'd part with if the price was right. I also have many 12 pin male header pins and I can provide the pinout schematics I use when I make myself one.

The only downside would be that you would have to build them and flash them. I have used probably about 10 or so fo them and they are really simply devices. But like I said the only pain is building them

#3 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE(macisp2000 @ Sep 10 2008, 07:31 PM) View Post

I have alot of Xbox's that I use throughout the house for XBMC and my first chip was a Matrix, I have Xeniums in the others. I know the Xeniums do a lot more, but I just love the simple install with the Matrix chips and no strange on/off/eject switch. I would like to buy or trade anyone who is willing to part with some Matrix chips or if someone could tell me a place that would still sell them. Please PM and post any info, thank you.

Mac

Is it for the challenge of installing a cheapmod, or is it just preference? you could get a duox2 for $13 shipped and just hard wire it for constant on (ground D0 IIRC)

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

I think he's just sentimental about the matrix or cheapmod

#5 macisp2000

macisp2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

Actually I suck at sodering, and on the Matrix Chips, I just popped it in until it was aligned by hand and then tightened the screw down and was set and ready to go. I don't like the option in the Xeniums where I cut on the xbox with the eject and then get the OS screen. I never checked out if there was a option to turn this off where either the power OR eject just booted the xbox and not the Xenium OS. Also I have never been thrilled with the soderless adapters, it's nothing major, just have never had a problem with the original Matrix chips, 100% rock solid. So what about these cheapmods, anything that doesn't require a sodering job or adapter, just the board attached to the mainboard like the Matrix. So I was clear or just a noob when it comes to sodering. Believe me, I have tried the sodering options and it just gets UGLY!!! lol Thanks.

MAC

#6 lAze_a55

lAze_a55

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

Soldering just takes lots of practice, a good iron and solder. I still don't concider myself very good at it, but I manage and try to learn from my mistakes. I have made probably about 10 or so cheapmods. They don't look professional because I assemble them on solderable perf boards, but they are socketed and look pretty nice for a home made chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users