6 replies to this topic

#1 xRaVeNx

xRaVeNx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:17 AM

I had someone else mod my xbox, so that XBMC was my main dash. But, he made it weird. Everytime I update XBMC, I have to rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe, for it work. What do I need to edit? Where I don't have to do that, and can just keep it as 'default.xbe?

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

The bios's settings probably means it boots from evoxdash.xbe hence you need to rename. If you want to avoid renaming, use a shortcut XBE. The XBMC download has a tools folder with shortcut XBEs. Then use the shortcut XBE renamed to evoxdash.xbe pointing to E:\apps\XBMC for example, once only. Subsequent updates go straight to E:\apps\XBMC. So the original default.xbe from XBMC is retained.

#3 xRaVeNx

xRaVeNx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Is there no way to change the bios's settings itself...

#4 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:37 AM

It is often possible to change the bios setting, but we'd need more info about your mod situation before we can tell you how, or if it can be done. TBH you're better using the shortcut in T3CHs dls, because that would stop you having to change the bios or the xbe file, and would give you a generally easier and safer method.

#5 xRaVeNx

xRaVeNx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

So, let me get this straight, for me to do an effective update. I need to do more than just rename the .xbe file. I need to use the shortcut file. But its xecuter.

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:27 AM

In the tools folder of XBMC on the PC you have two files you will be working with. One is shortcut....xbe and the other is shortcut....cfg. Sorry, I didn't take the time to get the proper file names. You should be able to see what they are.

From what I understand you have XBMC files in the root of your C drive. That isn't the best option. So now you will make a folder on the E drive in the Apps folder named XBMC. E:\Apps\XBMC. You will FTP the files in the XBMC on the PC into this folder.

On the C drive rename evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe. FTP the two shortcut files over to the C drive. Rename shortcut......xbe to evoxdash.xbe and shortcut.....cfg to evoxdash.cfg. The .cfg file tells the .xbe file where to look for XBMC. It doesn't matter how you are modded. This works with all of them.

Now when you want to update XBMC, FTP the files into the E:\Apps\XBMC folder. Don't overwrite the userdata folder as that has your saved preferences.

Delete the XBMC files/folders on the C drive.

Make sure you don't reboot the Xbox until all of this has been done.

#7 xRaVeNx

xRaVeNx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:24 AM

....Dude, with this little suggestion...you have single-handily fixed all my xbox problems...

My xbox is no longer slow, like in that other thread.
The video files that wouldn't let me fast-forward, or that skipped/frozen, I just had to ftp them over again, and they were fine, after I did this configuration...(Since I was using the messed up XBMC, when I FTP them)
Maybe like one or two files won't play, but I'll chalk that up as an XBMC problem....because everything runs ten times smoother...I was about to throw this thing out the window....

Fuckin thanks....is all im saying....

Edited by xRaVeNx, 12 September 2008 - 05:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users