1 reply to this topic

#1 jeluk

jeluk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

Hi,

I have a v59 Hitachi flashed with hacked firmware, it has worked fine for about 1 year but now when i insert an disc CD/DVD orig or backup it displays "Reading" for 2 seconds then goes to "Open Tray". I have taken the drive apart and tried cleaning the laser but it has made no difference.

Is this drive completely useless now or is there anything I can try to get it working again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edit:

I have also tried the mod involving adding a small piece of plastic to the laser unit to push the switch.

Edited by jeluk, 11 September 2008 - 01:08 PM.

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(jeluk @ Sep 11 2008, 02:25 PM) View Post

Hi,

I have a v59 Hitachi flashed with hacked firmware, it has worked fine for about 1 year but now when i insert an disc CD/DVD orig or backup it displays "Reading" for 2 seconds then goes to "Open Tray". I have taken the drive apart and tried cleaning the laser but it has made no difference.

Is this drive completely useless now or is there anything I can try to get it working again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Edit:

I have also tried the mod involving adding a small piece of plastic to the laser unit to push the switch.

Do the pot calirbation for the laser, search for it on google or check the forum, was answered like 4 times in the last 2 days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users