Photo

Loadin Really Slow With A Lot Of Stuff. Software Or Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bammerchapman

bammerchapman

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Well as the title says, my box has been responding slow lately. I have a Duox2 Mochip. When I turn the xbox on, it stays on the XBox screen for about 2 or 3 minutes until the slayers screen comes up. Then when I launch a game, it takes about the same amount of time to load. It never used to before. I've already tried to restore the evox.ini file that I had last. Anyone have any ideas?

Can this be a hardware issue? As in my hard drive is going out or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:58 AM

well, it doesn't seem to be modchip-related, so you may be in the wrong forum...of course, i could be wrong.

when you launch a game disc, does the same thing occur? have you tried using a different program for your dashboard? (xbmc, avalaunch, etc)

this sounds like an issue booting the dashboard software. could be a slow responding (or failing) HD also...

#3 bammerchapman

bammerchapman

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(litspliff @ Sep 16 2008, 08:34 AM) View Post

well, it doesn't seem to be modchip-related, so you may be in the wrong forum...of course, i could be wrong.

when you launch a game disc, does the same thing occur? have you tried using a different program for your dashboard? (xbmc, avalaunch, etc)

this sounds like an issue booting the dashboard software. could be a slow responding (or failing) HD also...

Its pretty much all the same every way. Sometimes its faster tahn others and other times slower than others. If its a hdd problem, would it be as simple as me cloning it to another drive?

#4 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

if it is a HD problem it should work. it can't hurt to try as long as you have a HD laying around. as long as you are not using a retail bios, any IDE HD can work.

do you know how to edit a bios image? set your first boot path to F:/XBMC/default.xbe, then copy a fresh version of media center to F:\XBMC. alternately, you could set your boot path to F:\evoxdash.xbe, and copy a fresh version of evox to your F:\ drive.

anyway, this topic should be moved to a different forum, as this does not seem to be a modchip issue. also, you have a duplicate thread. if you get the time, contact an admin to clean this up for you. you will get a better response to your thread this way.

Edited by litspliff, 17 September 2008 - 12:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users