• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:16 AM

Microsoft fires game test contractor who talked to VentureBeat
Posted by XanTium | September 12 21:16 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From venturebeat.com:

Robert Delaware was the only named Microsoft worker (a contract employee) who talked -- without permission -- to VentureBeat for our story last week on the Xbox 360 defects.

Microsoft had him fired on Wednesday. Delaware worked as a game tester at Microsoft but was employed by the temp agency Excell Data. He reported directly to a Microsoft manager, who told him he was being let go because of the VentureBeat article.

Delaware, a 29-year-old Seattle resident, expects to face civil charges from his former employer VMC (which tests games for Microsoft) and Microsoft as well. He will likely have to hire a lawyer. Microsoft spokesman David Dennis said the company does not talk about personnel issues.

"I don't regret it," he said in a phone call on Thursday. "I'll fight it. If they want to come after me, bring it on."

Full Story: venturebeat.com

#2 afortaleza

afortaleza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:15 AM

Balls of steel !

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

They should have done that to all the idiots (peter moore & friends) who rushed this busted ass console to the market in the first place, and sue them for their fat EA checks.

Tne truth is out either way, and it was exactly what everyone in the modding community already knew. It's up to the average consumer to wake the fuck up.

#4 readmore

readmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

"They should have done that to all the idiots (peter moore & friends) who rushed this busted ass console to the market in the first place, and sue them for their fat EA checks."

what??

dude you need some anger management

#5 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(readmore @ Sep 12 2008, 10:33 PM) View Post

dude you need some anger management

LOL, sure do.

#6 eenu

eenu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

Did the guy really think he was going to keep his job?

#7 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

i went back and re-read the section from last week and he didn't even say anything incriminating. the worst thing is the lightly quoted email how MS doesn't want bad press about any issues updates might cause. BFD.

#8 steveju

steveju

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

Good luck trying to get a job in the industry dry.gif It doesn't matter what you're doing, if you tell other people work related "secrets", aka. stuff that you're not supposed to tell anyone even if they probably already know them, then you've got yourself to blame when you're getting fired and/or sued.

#9 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

Agreed - he would have definitely signed an NDA and therefore won't have a leg to stand on if/when it goes to court.

Of course, this is the US judicial system so anything is possible!

#10 Anth

Anth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

I can fully understand the sacking from MS. Even though I am on the side of the guy here.

But I really think also starting civil proceedings against him is way to excessive.

Especially when everything he has said was completely true and could amount to serious fraudulent negligence on the part of MS selling the consoles in the first place that they knew weren't fit for purpose.

#11 batman91

batman91

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

stupidity on both sides in my eyes. it was stupid of the guy to go out and think that mirosoft would give him a pat on the back for dissing them. stupid and naive of microsoft to think that the public isnt already more thn aware of thier faults.

#12 Lizotte

Lizotte

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

he disclosed internal email contents, he deserves whatever he gets lawsuit wise. The defect rates on consoles sucked, but microsoft extended the warraty and fixed/replaced them so who cares? I had a launch unit and it was replaced under warranty and thats all I care about. The new unit has been flawless.

#13 ProphetOfPain

ProphetOfPain

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Lizotte @ Sep 13 2008, 02:45 PM) View Post

? I had a launch unit and it was replaced under warranty and thats all I care about. The new unit has been flawless.

..tick tock.. tick tock..

#14 utopaline

utopaline

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

you really think that everything in these articles was 100% true?? Like "Joe Smith in Buttplug Idaho is on his 12th console" and so is Billy Assmunch from Beavertuck Indianna"(the names and locations were changed to protect the stupid and liars) There is no way that any consumer could have that bad of luck, unless they were doing something that caused the failures. I don't even know 12 people that have had RROD, and all of my close friends have launch 360s.(2 friends BTW and only had one failure). Also if those guys did have that bad of luck, I thing after console number 5 or 6, would have given up completely, it's suck BS that we believe these idiots.

(BTW, I'm not saying that what the guy who got fired said is not true, it probably is, but it's the other "facts" that piss me off.

Utopaline

#15 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Location:Costa Rica PlayStation3 Version: none Nintendo Wii Version: v4.1u
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

you work in a company. the first thing you should do is support it... support it in a legal way. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users