Photo

Hitachi Drive Swap, And 360 Running Hot!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mreguy

Mreguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:33 AM

So I ordered two RRoD 360's, found they had already been messed with, and had to gun.
I've only gunned the first one so far.
Started it up, found that the drive says "Unplayable Disc", no matter if the firmware is hacked or stock, no matter if the game is original or burned. However, it Will play music discs. ???
The drive makes odd clicking noises, so it makes me feel that it's on its way out.
The model is 0047DJ.
I also have a 0078FK. Is there anyway to swap the hardware and retain the same DVD drive board straight up, or do I have to do the key flashing and everything like that?
If you have any additional information such as tutorials for this or whatnot, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
Another problem I'm having is after the gunning, the 'Box runs awfully hot, and after a few minutes on it locks up. Could this be a problem with having the GPU heatsink on too tight or something? It has a screw, nylon washer, Mo-Bo, nylon washer, heatsink. Tips on getting it to run cooler would also be appreciated.
Also shout out to Wilhelm, I thought that the DVD drive was causing 0021. Just had to regun it!

#2 Mreguy

Mreguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

The logic board is what I mean by the DVD drive board. I've read on a lot of forums that the hitachi logic boards you can just straight up swap. but then ive also heard you need to hack the firmware and write it with the cd key. also if you transfer the logic boards, does it have to be original firmware when you transfer it? basically what i want to do is take my 0047DJ logic board and swap it into the 0078FK DVD Drive because that one works and the 0047DJ gets unplayable discs.

Edited by Mreguy, 13 September 2008 - 04:58 AM.

#3 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

This sounds like a common problem, I made a tutorial for that some time ago.
You only have to lube the gears a bit if it makes that clicking noise(only for 360 games, audio always works for some reason)...
And if this doesnt work tweak the pot of the laser as well then it will work for sure...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users