• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mike9999

mike9999

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:58 AM

Hello, I'm new to the modding game, and thought I'd try softmodding my Xbox using Ndure and hotswapping. To my surprise I was able to get it working, and had the new dash up and everything. I was able to FTP into my Xbox from my computer and all was well.

My goal, though, was to upgrade the hard drive. So I prepped the new drive using XBOXHDM, and everything seemed to go well, but when I swapped the new hard drive in, I got an error 5. So, I went back in and tried locking the hard drive using XBOXHDM, and when I popped the new hard drive in again, I got an error 6. Having other things to do, I decided to just put my old hard drive back in for now and come back to this project later. However, when I put the old hard drive back in and turned on my Xbox, I get the christmas lights and error 21. I'm still able to play games on it, but I seem to have lost my dash. To my knowledge I haven't deleted or modified any files on the old hard drive since softmodding it, and that's why this is confusing to me. I did copy the EEPROM and all that stuff before losing my dash, but I'm not sure what to do now. huh.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:50 AM

Verify the eeprom.bin with LiveInfo beta 3 in Windows. Check serial no against xbox back sticker's serial no.

As long as you have a good copy of eeprom.bin for softmods, you can always recover the xbox if it's dash related errors or hdd related problems.

The pinned thread for xboxhdm has the recovery methods but you'll need a good copy of msdash which you'll find from CASH 1.1 disc or Slayer's 2.7 disc.

#3 mike9999

mike9999

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:00 AM

Thank you for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users