33 replies to this topic

#1 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

Here is a summary of the work I have done on this subject. In it is tips and pitfalls of working with the different controllers and setups and how to achieve whatever code you want yourself without having to find the same solutions I have already found. It is a pretty good read, but I swear it is all worth it if you really want to learn how to make your own chips.

RDC, I borrowed your pictures for illustration (with credits to you). If you delete this thread for whatever reason, it is understood.

All I am trying to do is share the information of the last 6 weeks of work I put into this for those who actually want it.

File: PDF Download

#2 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

By request, here is video of how the GameplayRF.asm works:

I could not find how to edit first poost, my apologies for the double. And yes, I am bad at making videos.

#3 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:25 AM

SWEET Video. & thanks for publishing this...might try this on another controller...

#4 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:29 AM

I am obviously bad at PDF making also. Damn links are wrong. The text is correct, but the autolink is wrong. For the final code that matches the video just posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?apthneykqfp

#5 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:22 AM

i dont understand the types of modes....explain?

#6 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:52 AM

i dont understand the types of modes....explain?

I dont know if you mean the modes in each code, or the codes themselves so I will give a summary:

BurnMeUp:
4 Modes: Off, 11Hz (shots per second), 33Hz, and 44Hz. Can be wired as external button rapidfire or sleeperfire on old or new controllers. Press sync button to change the modes.

BurnMeUp2: Off, 10.6Hz (best for Halo) Dual triggers, 32Hz Right Trigger only, and 44Hz Right Trigger only. LED blinks with the modes. Better circuit to work with all controllers with no issues on sync button.

GameplayRF: 2 external buttons turn sleeperfire on/off. LED player 3 and 4 show if sleeperfire is on/off. Holding right button will change the 4 modes: 10.6Hz, 24Hz, 33Hz, and 44Hz. Player 4 LED blinks the number of times of the mode you are in. This code auto-detects which controller you have to determine how to drive the sleeperfire.

In short, the modes are how fast the RF is. The best part is if you can get to the point of programming your own chip, you can change the speed very easily on any of the modes. Hell, you can have just one mode and simply use the external buttons to fast turn on/off RF.

Edited by Hazeree, 17 September 2008 - 04:52 AM.

#7 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

I hate how you cannot edit posts here. I fixed the PDF file:

PDF

#8 ZuluBravo85

ZuluBravo85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hazeree

I appreciate all the time and hard work you have put into this. Again many thanks.

-Zulu

#9 Fa Q Gates

Fa Q Gates

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:13 AM

How do i wire up the the sleeper version

#10 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

BurnMeUp2

That zip file has the hex and the jpgs for wiring up to the controllers.

#11 flyingpoo86

flyingpoo86

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

looking on the microchip.com website here, there are 12 different versions of the chip. Which one do I get? probably a PDIP package, so that narrows it down to two, I/P or E/P?

#12 chadives

chadives

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, kayaking, nuking terrorist in COD4, Modding, surface mount soldering, PCB Layout
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

I/P and E/P are the same except temperature ratings. I = industrial(0-70C) E = Extended(-40-125C), so unless you are planning on installing em inside your 360 the Industrial will be fine.(kind of a joke but not really jester.gif )

#13 ZuluBravo85

ZuluBravo85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

Hazeree or Anyone who can help me,

Im having a slight problem with the #4 LED not blinking on code change or letting me know how fast the current code is. It also stays on all the time. I checked my wiring over and over again and eveything seems legit. On a side note everything else works perfectly and #3 LED turns on and off when toggled. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Zulu

#14 Hazeree

Hazeree

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

Hazeree or Anyone who can help me,

Im having a slight problem with the #4 LED not blinking on code change or letting me know how fast the current code is. It also stays on all the time. I checked my wiring over and over again and eveything seems legit. On a side note everything else works perfectly and #3 LED turns on and off when toggled. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Zulu

This has happened a couple of times. The schematic is shown with the chip facing up (pins pointing downward). So many tutorials show the chip upside-down that many people have wired them that way. Make sure the chip is facing upwards so that you can see the notch for pin1.

#15 ZuluBravo85

ZuluBravo85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

I checked all of my connections based on your diagram and it all matches up. I did notice doing some more research (Microchip forum) that another user had the same problem "Sansom" I believe. Both of us are using a picstart plus programmer(USB) with MPLAB IDE and both of us are coming to the same problem. Is it possible for the programmer or program may be altering the code a bit? If so I find it a little odd that part is the only part that isnt working. Everything else works I can even select the different firing modes. What programmer and program would you recommend for this PIC procedure? Again thanks for the help.

-Zulu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users