• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xbox60GB

xbox60GB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hi, Can any1 guide me how to swap a Liteon drive with a Samsung ms 25. Just seen some guides. But I need a noob friendly guide as i'm new to drive hacking. Especially I want to know how inject the liteon key in to ms 25 firmware.
Thanks.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

You can get info here

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=659565

You will need to get yourself a 15 watt soldering iron and a LVTTL-RS232 converter (max3232) serial adapter. You can get this from eBay.

Once you do that to get the drive key from the LiteOn you can use the latest Firmware Toolbox to inject the drive key and spoof data into the Samsung firmware.

#3 Mushy2000

Mushy2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Sep 16 2008, 05:20 PM) View Post

You can get info here

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=659565

You will need to get yourself a 15 watt soldering iron and a LVTTL-RS232 converter (max3232) serial adapter. You can get this from eBay.

Once you do that to get the drive key from the LiteOn you can use the latest Firmware Toolbox to inject the drive key and spoof data into the Samsung firmware.

Or he can just pay you the money to get it modded... I'm a total noob when it comes to that stuff, so If my Mobo died and had to buy a new liteon you would be the guy I would go to :-)

#4 xbox60GB

xbox60GB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Thanks very much for the reply, i'm not living in USA. But I ordered the 'RS232 TTL Convertor Cable Kit (MAX3232) for AVR/PIC/GPS' from ebay. Soon it be here.

Now i have a much clear idea about the key extraction. What i don't understand is how to inject the drive key and spoof data into the Samsung firmware. I read the book "Hacking the xbox 360 for noobs" version 2008 from www.360mods.net. But still i can't figure how to inject the extracted key.

Pls guide me. thanks.

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(xbox60GB @ Sep 16 2008, 08:24 PM) View Post

Thanks very much for the reply, i'm not living in USA. But I ordered the 'RS232 TTL Convertor Cable Kit (MAX3232) for AVR/PIC/GPS' from ebay. Soon it be here.

Now i have a much clear idea about the key extraction. What i don't understand is how to inject the drive key and spoof data into the Samsung firmware. I read the book "Hacking the xbox 360 for noobs" version 2008 from www.360mods.net. But still i can't figure how to inject the extracted key.

Pls guide me. thanks.

Firmware Toolbox 4.8 will do what you need to do. You open your samsung firmware then inject the key and spoof data you get from the liteon.

#6 xbox60GB

xbox60GB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Firmware Toolbox 4.8 will do what you need to do.
Yes, I have downloaded the FWTB 4.8.

You open your samsung firmware then inject the key and spoof data you get from the liteon.
samsung firmware - Do u mean the hacked fw which can be downloaded as Samsung iXtreme 1.4? If it is, i have downloaded it also. So i have to get the key from the key.bin using a hex editor and paste it on FWTB while the ixtreme 1.4 opened.

Also Devils360 has made a pre-spoofed and tested firmware for the Samsung MS-25 drive. There I only need to change 3 hex value sets which were extracted from original lite on drive. It is in 'Redboxmods' page. Looks like it is little easier.

Thanks.

#7 Bandits007

Bandits007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

I wish someone would just come up with a step by step guide on this. A guide for a total n00b

#8 baggieboy

baggieboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

In fairness the guides couldent be any better m8, I tried reading through them but diden't understand even the basics and i've never soldered before.

So i've ordered a drive off the net and as soon as it comes someone who does modding for a living is swapping the drives for me.

Dearer in the long run but least its in capable hands

#9 endorium

endorium

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

i have used devils firmware and put the key in and serial where i am meant to. it plays originals fine but still does not play backups? what do i need to do to play backups?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users