• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SkankyYankee

SkankyYankee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

Ok, i installed softmod using this tut NDURE/XBHDM I've heard that it does support 500gb and it still shows hundreds of gigs free. I ran into this problem after I loaded my copy of Media Mixer yesterday as well as some other games. At that point i had about 280gb loaded into the HD.

I noticed there was something wrong when the games i was trying to get on there with DVD2Xbox loaded to blank folders even though it didnt give an error message.

I replaced my psxbox folder with an updated version and it overwrote my psx games folder which i had a lot in there
Now when i ftp into the box and try loading the games back up.
It loads the folders but they are empty, and the space still gets taken away from the free space!!!!
I can still run all the stuff i put in from before
It cannot overwrite entire folders anymore, if it does it becomes an empty folder and space goes down
If i try to rename a psx folder and reload it it doesnt work.

I am at a loss here, i saw in xbox-scene that XBMM changes some config files that screws things up. I replaced my dash files with clean ones and deleted the XBMM game and save.

Was the bios i used compatible with 500gb?

Is there any other way than to reformat it, is there any hdd scan util native to xbox?

If i do need to format, how should i go about it so this doesnt happen again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SkankyYankee, 17 September 2008 - 10:21 PM.

#2 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:23 AM

How is your HDD partitioned: one F drive~490 GB, F~137GB & G 353GB or F~245GB & G~245GB. If it is anything but the last one, did you use XBpartioner to format the F/G drives?

#3 SkankyYankee

SkankyYankee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

I Just have The C,E,X,Y,Z. I never used XPartitioner on it. I beleive my Bios is patched with .06 nkpatcher through ndure 3.1 i know i need to re-partition the F and make a G drive but do i have to re-flash anything or format the entire disk? or just the F.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

Sorry, you didn't set up the F partition correctly. Gotta reformat it.

Backup whatever's valuable, get XBPartitioner, and redo just that partition. Or you can split it into an F/G system if you like; It really doesn't matter so long as you use XBP to do it with.

This is a requirement for all drives over about 250gb in size.

#5 SkankyYankee

SkankyYankee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

Thanks alot guys, backing up now, I made a stable backup of C and E before i upgraded and I still have some discs so it wont take that long. I have one last question. Will this happen again on the G if i have the wrong bios? According to BiosChecker i have a retail 3944 but i softmodded using the method above.

I has used X-S from day one on my softmod and it has been the most helpful. Thank you again to all who contribute.

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(SkankyYankee @ Sep 18 2008, 01:42 PM) View Post

I Just have The C,E,X,Y,Z. I never used XPartitioner on it. I beleive my Bios is patched with .06 nkpatcher through ndure 3.1 i know i need to re-partition the F and make a G drive but do i have to re-flash anything or format the entire disk? or just the F.

.06 means F takes all. There is no G in this setup.
.67 means F and G will split the space.

This can be changed through the nkpatcher option from executing e:\ndts\default.xbe for Kingroach Ndure.

You just need to make the choice once, format the chosen drive(s) with XBP and that's it.

Edited by ldotsfan, 19 September 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#7 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:34 AM

If your setup supports custom partitions (most LBA48 supportive BIOSes do), then the .60, .07, .67 yadda yadda really doesn't mean much. You can just specify any partition layout in XBPartitioner that you like.

Those figures do effect how auto-formatters (such as the one used in EvoX/Slayers) set out the space, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users