This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
+ Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin 0.91 [skin/MediaStream]
+ Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre-0.99.7 rev2276 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
+ Team XBMC Lyrics 1.6.0 rev2266 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
+ Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7 SCRIPT [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
+ Nuka1195's XBMC-Addons Installer 1.2c PLUGIN [plugins/programs/]
+ Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]
Special Note From T3CH:
* Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to wait for Beta 1 to be tagged before I made this release.
* Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin updated to 0.91
* From Team XBMC about the Atlantis Beta1 release:
Team-XBMC is proud to announce the first cross-platform Beta version of XBMC media center for Linux, Mac OS X (Leopard and Tiger), Windows, and Xbox, in preparation for the upcoming stable release of XBMC, code named ‘Atlantis’. There are three important news items associated with this release:
1. The first item that is new in this release is the brand new skin “PM3.HD”, a high-definition tribute to Project Mayhem III, which will be gracing screens as the default skin on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Xbox users can, of course, choose to use this skin if they wish as well, and the original Project Mayhem III skin is still packaged with Beta 1 for those who prefer the old-school look. This is in addition to the already awesome selection of skins available for XBMC.
2. The second item is the initial release of “XBMC Live“, a bootable CD which gives users the opportunity to try XBMC on their computer, without touching their harddrive. In addition, XBMC Live allows installation of XBMC, complete with an operating system, onto a USB flash memory sticks for a permanent, fast booting, dedicated set-top-box style installation of XBMC. XBMC Live is designed to support Microsoft’s MCE Remote and USB receiver out-of-the-box.
3. The third item is that the XBMC for Mac release now has initial support for integrating iTunes and iPhoto media into XBMC. For more information on this, please read this developers blog entry; “iTunes and iPhoto integration in XBMC“. The Mac release of Beta 1 also comes bundled with a bonus skin for XBMC, and that is MediaStream by Team Razorfish, (this skin can, of course, be downloaded and installed on all XBMC platforms, like all other XBMC skins).
You should know that XBMC ‘Atlantis’ is still in a feature freeze, the final release of which is scheduled for October, and we really need your help in order to make ‘Atlantis’ as stable as possible. We encourage all users to download and use this Beta release in preference to using SVN or the Alpha builds, and test it thoroughly, reporting all bugs to our tracking system.
We would also appreciate any and all assistance in making sure that the online manual and FAQ are as up to date as possible. Both the online manual and FAQ are wiki based so just register and request write access if you wish to contribute. In addition, translations and updates of XBMC language files is another area where help would be appreciated.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank the XBMC community for the great feedback in terms of bug reports and usability suggestions. Without your assistance, we would never be able to make XBMC as solid and stable as it is right now.
* I will no longer include the Win32.exe that was only meant as a skinning and python development tool. Instead I suggest you use the WIN32/SDL version based on linuxport branch. You can find more info about it here (see the sticky for download).
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report
NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:
* New this time is PM3.HD a High Def skin by Jezz X that IMO only looks better than PM3 in 720p and higher.
Here is the FULL changelog since the September 08th 2008 SVN Rev15452 Build (last one posted on xbox-scene):
2008-09-19 15640 merged: Linuxport changes to rev 15611.
2008-09-18 15631 changed: removed old files
2008-09-18 15630 merged: UPnP changes from linuxport branch into trunk
2008-09-18 15629 merged: Platinum from linuxport branches
2008-09-15 15588 fixed: You could get stuck in the screensaver.
2008-09-14 15561 fixed: Ticket #4498 - RTMP support backport to XBMC for Xbox, thanks to frosty
2008-09-14 15560 fixed: Ticket #4875 - During scanning, shutdown timer wasn't reset
2008-09-14 15556 merged: PM3.HD from linuxport.
2008-09-14 15555 merged: linuxport changes from r15452 through r15553.
2008-09-11 15528 Changed: default rss feed, thx to Jon Maddox for the feed adress
INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:
* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.
* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406656
* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).
* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.
* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe
* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!
INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:
XBMC's online manual can be found at http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Main_Page .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://xbmc.org/forum/ , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net). (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)
If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!
If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.google.co...q=xbox trainers
The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.
If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.
XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt
Official XBMC Website: http://xbmc.org
Official T3CH Website: http://t3ch.yi.se