Photo

Xbmc For Xbox - September 19th 2008 Svn Rev15640 (atlantis Beta1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:31 AM

XBMC for Xbox (XboxMediaCenter) SVN rev15640 build (Atlantis Beta1) of September 19th 2008 compiled by T3CH

This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
+ Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin 0.91 [skin/MediaStream]
+ Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre-0.99.7 rev2276 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
+ Team XBMC Lyrics 1.6.0 rev2266 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
+ Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7 SCRIPT [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
+ Nuka1195's XBMC-Addons Installer 1.2c PLUGIN [plugins/programs/]
+ Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]

Special Note From T3CH:

* Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to wait for Beta 1 to be tagged before I made this release.
* Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin updated to 0.91
* From Team XBMC about the Atlantis Beta1 release:

Team-XBMC is proud to announce the first cross-platform Beta version of XBMC media center for Linux, Mac OS X (Leopard and Tiger), Windows, and Xbox, in preparation for the upcoming stable release of XBMC, code named ‘Atlantis’. There are three important news items associated with this release:

1. The first item that is new in this release is the brand new skin “PM3.HD”, a high-definition tribute to Project Mayhem III, which will be gracing screens as the default skin on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Xbox users can, of course, choose to use this skin if they wish as well, and the original Project Mayhem III skin is still packaged with Beta 1 for those who prefer the old-school look. This is in addition to the already awesome selection of skins available for XBMC.

2. The second item is the initial release of “XBMC Live“, a bootable CD which gives users the opportunity to try XBMC on their computer, without touching their harddrive. In addition, XBMC Live allows installation of XBMC, complete with an operating system, onto a USB flash memory sticks for a permanent, fast booting, dedicated set-top-box style installation of XBMC. XBMC Live is designed to support Microsoft’s MCE Remote and USB receiver out-of-the-box.

3. The third item is that the XBMC for Mac release now has initial support for integrating iTunes and iPhoto media into XBMC. For more information on this, please read this developers blog entry; “iTunes and iPhoto integration in XBMC“. The Mac release of Beta 1 also comes bundled with a bonus skin for XBMC, and that is MediaStream by Team Razorfish, (this skin can, of course, be downloaded and installed on all XBMC platforms, like all other XBMC skins).

You should know that XBMC ‘Atlantis’ is still in a feature freeze, the final release of which is scheduled for October, and we really need your help in order to make ‘Atlantis’ as stable as possible. We encourage all users to download and use this Beta release in preference to using SVN or the Alpha builds, and test it thoroughly, reporting all bugs to our tracking system.

We would also appreciate any and all assistance in making sure that the online manual and FAQ are as up to date as possible. Both the online manual and FAQ are wiki based so just register and request write access if you wish to contribute. In addition, translations and updates of XBMC language files is another area where help would be appreciated.

Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank the XBMC community for the great feedback in terms of bug reports and usability suggestions. Without your assistance, we would never be able to make XBMC as solid and stable as it is right now.

* I will no longer include the Win32.exe that was only meant as a skinning and python development tool. Instead I suggest you use the WIN32/SDL version based on linuxport branch. You can find more info about it here (see the sticky for download).
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:

* New this time is PM3.HD a High Def skin by Jezz X that IMO only looks better than PM3 in 720p and higher.

Here is the FULL changelog since the September 08th 2008 SVN Rev15452 Build (last one posted on xbox-scene):

2008-09-19 15640 merged: Linuxport changes to rev 15611.
2008-09-18 15631 changed: removed old files
2008-09-18 15630 merged: UPnP changes from linuxport branch into trunk
2008-09-18 15629 merged: Platinum from linuxport branches
2008-09-15 15588 fixed: You could get stuck in the screensaver.
2008-09-14 15561 fixed: Ticket #4498 - RTMP support backport to XBMC for Xbox, thanks to frosty
2008-09-14 15560 fixed: Ticket #4875 - During scanning, shutdown timer wasn't reset
2008-09-14 15556 merged: PM3.HD from linuxport.
2008-09-14 15555 merged: linuxport changes from r15452 through r15553.
2008-09-11 15528 Changed: default rss feed, thx to Jon Maddox for the feed adress

INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:

* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.

* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406656

* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.

* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!

INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:

XBMC's online manual can be found at http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Main_Page .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://xbmc.org/forum/ , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net). (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)

If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!

If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.google.co...q=xbox trainers

The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.

If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.

XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt

Official XBMC Website: http://xbmc.org
Official T3CH Website: http://t3ch.yi.se

#2 phistyle

phistyle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:22 AM

wow this is a super release....thanks!!!!

#3 SacredTerror

SacredTerror

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

What is a .nope file? The link says .rar but when it downloads it says .nope.

Edited by SacredTerror, 20 September 2008 - 05:40 AM.

#4 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

Started with a fresh install and I get a error when I try to add my PC in SMB share.

Also the text in PM3HD is very small and blurry. Thats about it so far.

#5 troyBORG

troyBORG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:56 AM

dedicated set-top-box style installation

Anyone know, what would be cheaper? Building a cheap media PC, or try to get another Xbox1?

#6 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

Well considering the XBOX can be found at every Gamestop that exists for 50 bucks I really hope that wasn't a honest question biggrin.gif

#7 pike

pike

::Teh Magician::

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:XBMC
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Bloodfin @ Sep 20 2008, 08:28 AM) View Post

Started with a fresh install and I get a error when I try to add my PC in SMB share.

Also the text in PM3HD is very small and blurry. Thats about it so far.

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:

* New this time is PM3.HD a High Def skin by Jezz X that IMO only looks better than PM3 in 720p and higher.

#8 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

is that bug fixed from previous version? (i think Sep 9th 2008 version) where if your running MC360 skin on it and go to the far left screen (the XBMC Live screen i think) and then if you try to switch back to the right (with D-Pad) it just hangs there until you press up or down on d-pad and then you can switch over to the screen to the right.

all other switch of screens works fine... but i noticed when u first startup the application it will hang (like button press makes it's noise but nothing happens on screen) every time if i immediately goto the xbmc live screen on far left for the first time... but once i do what i said above... i can go back to xbmc live screen (on MC360 skin) and it works fine when switching from screen to screen

Edited by ThaCrip, 20 September 2008 - 07:53 AM.

#9 apothekari

apothekari

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

I love the New PM3 HD skin!
Couple of noob questions though...

1. What type of file do the Custom Backgrounds need to be in order to be "seen" by the Home Screen Backgrounds file viewer? I am trying to use standard 1280x720 pixel jpgs.

2.Is there any way to add the Arial Bold font I normally use in PM3 normal to PM3 HD?

#10 katz

katz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:28 AM

Im getting some major crashes whilst running that new MEDIA theme.

Is there a way that I can do a AUTO scan to download ALL MOVIE info, so i dont have to click the Info button(on my dvd remote) to get the IMDB info(ie plot\actors etc) ?

Edited by katz, 20 September 2008 - 09:29 AM.

#11 zzbnoona

zzbnoona

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

Wow looks great, love XBOX Live option

Edited by zzbnoona, 20 September 2008 - 09:56 AM.

#12 Ozymandiask

Ozymandiask

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(katz @ Sep 20 2008, 10:04 AM) View Post

Is there a way that I can do a AUTO scan to download ALL MOVIE info, so i dont have to click the Info button(on my dvd remote) to get the IMDB info(ie plot\actors etc) ?

I've used XBMC Media Companion, http://www.billyad2000.co.uk/, which generates .nfo files for all your TV and Movies so scanning to the library is exponentially faster and you won't need to do a full imdb/thetvdb lookup if you need to clean you library

#13 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

I love the new PM3.HD skin!! Hell, I love XBMC! Its the only reason I still have my old xbox. I also have it installed on my Linux machine now. smile.gif

XBMC has come a long way since the early days. I've been following development since 03 and I love how its still going, and stronger than ever. I still remember the first build I put on my xbox. Great job guys, nice to see you all haven't lost interest. XBMC is by far the best there is. Keep up the great work! Its nice to come back after so long and see the same group of people are still passionately working on the best open source project out there. Hope to see you all around for a long time to come. Take care XBMC Team!

love.gif pop.gif

#14 Cimlite

Cimlite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(katz @ Sep 20 2008, 10:04 AM) View Post

You can select "Do automatic scan" under the content selection when selecting which scraper to use. If you already done that or if you want to get XBMC scanning just bring up the menu while inside the library view and click "Update library", it will go through everything.

Edited by Cimlite, 20 September 2008 - 02:16 PM.

#15 mcatrage

mcatrage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

Awesome

Does anyone know if it's possible to run a game from pm3.hd? The programs link seems to be gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users