• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikaelFivel

MikaelFivel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

I've recently modded a controller-based memory card to a USB female port, and i have a fairly recent (as of several months ago) version of MC360 that was able to read FAT32 formatted flash drives, so i was watching movies, listening to music, etc., straight from the dumb thing. The last time my MC360 was updated was about April/May.

BUT... I have a new thumb drive (my old one was 4GB) and it's 8GB, yet won't mount, as the indicator tells me it wouldn't mount the memory device. I had just taken it out of the package, put a movie file on it, and stuck it in the USB socket on my box (like i normally would with any other thumby). To my knowledge, FAT32 supports partitions up to 2TB, so is this a dashboard issue? Firmware?

I have an Aladdin EX chip running IND-BIOS. Has there been a more recent update for MC360 that fixes this, will this be addressed, or has this been?

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

4Gb is the upper size limit for FATX partitions on USB for all versions of XBMC. It's a limitation that exists regardless of the skin used. There are no current plans to address this.

The latest version of unleashX is supposedly to have overcome this limit by patching the XDK libraries.

#3 MikaelFivel

MikaelFivel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:53 AM

Thank you Idotsfan, i will keep this in mind!

I have a fairly old version of UnleashX, is there a link to a page on how to update it? I didn't originally format it. Also, my version of UnleashX only supports xbox formatted thumb drives, so i would have to format it from the file explorer - effectively only making it suitable to transfer from box to box. In the updated version, does it read and write FATX partitions?

Edited by MikaelFivel, 22 September 2008 - 05:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users