Photo

What Games Are You Playing On Your Emus?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

Been a while since i started a thread here so anyway what games have you been playing on your xbox via emulation?
it would also be an idea to list some of the more obscure games that maybe no one has tried yet.also give the games a mark out of 5 for how well they are emulated on the xbox.

well ive just finished playing contra3 on zsnexbox and i would give it a 5/5 for emulation seeing as i had the original for years and i cant fault the emulation of this game.
if anyone is looking for an obscure to play then try judgement silversword on wonderswanx.
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=6kkl2UU8SIM

Edited by xyteam, 22 September 2008 - 10:57 PM.

#2 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:08 AM

Biker Mice From Mars on Zsnexbox... The game runs great via the emulator. I'm impressed with both the speed of the game and the graphics. The game really does look quite good. The controls are a bit hard to get used to though. The game plays from a distant aerial type side view its hard to get the hang of turning, you have to turn according to the character and more times than not this is counter intuitive based upon the camera angle. Emulation wise though I'd give it 5/5, although I have admittedly only played to the 3rd level as of yet... just tried it out a few minutes ago.

#3 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:32 AM

Playing Castlevania: Circle of the Moon on XBoyAdvance. Plays fairly well I think. Bosses keep killing me though (that HAS to be a bug... Just because it happens on the actual gameboy doesn't make it right!).

The thing about Castlevania is, whenever I look at a new title (that is, one I haven't played before) I think, "There's no way that can be as good as the other ones. It doesn't have the such-and-such system". But I'm always proven wrong. A few months back I played through Curse of Darkness, and got completely addicted for an age.

I also count myself as playing Final Fantasy Tactics under PCSXBox, though it'll be sometime before I start working on that seriously. Currently the only obvious problem I'm having is that sometimes the world map between battles turns invisible, but I haven't put much effort into the emulator settings yet.

#4 Mr__x_

Mr__x_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

Pete Sampras Tennis on neogenesis....I think the best tennis game for sega mega drive, emulated at 100% on xbox.
Maybe the tournament mode in single player for long time is noise, however in two the entertainment is guaranted!!

#5 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

been blowing up some crack-dealers on narc on mamex-b6.alsoo been playing strider2 on pcsxbox and its emulated perfectly.
obscure game no2-gradius 90 on the sharpx68000 plays perfectly on x68000x.
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=HNEBRl07t50

#6 Moonkeeper

Moonkeeper

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

The game I play most often is Blockout using Mame.

#7 Azag

Azag

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:27 AM

I played Castlevania Symphony of the Night on PCSXbox pretty recently. I'd play Sinistar if i could get it to work. Super Mario War is quite awesome with 4 people playing Phanto (not an emulator i know)

I play Tetris Attack alot with my kids. This game seems so simple but it's FREAKING BRUTAL.

#8 underworlderZer0

underworlderZer0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

I'm working through all of the Final Fantasy games- I played through the first three on FCE and am currently halfway through IV on ZSNESBox.

#9 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:06 AM

Here is an obscure one as far as I'm concerned, since I've never heard of it before... It's for ZSNExbox and it's called "Kid Klown in Crazy Chase" and it is much fun. Emulated well.

#10 Cyborg17

Cyborg17

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:24 AM

SNES: Sim City, EVO, Indiana Jones Greatest Adv. (can't get the cheats to work, grrr)

Neo Geo: Everything

PSX: Pepsi Man, Ori no Ryori, looking for shooters

Mame: As much as I can stand in a single session (hours and hours at a time)

And a healty cross section of games from the Atari 2600 era. (Coleco, INTV, etc)

Edited by Cyborg17, 27 September 2008 - 03:25 AM.

#11 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

been playing strider2 on pcsxbox,this one gets 5/5 for emulation.
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=2nxaQMmZgb0

#12 fsckyle

fsckyle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(xyteam @ Sep 27 2008, 11:43 PM) View Post

been playing strider2 on pcsxbox,this one gets 5/5 for emulation.
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=2nxaQMmZgb0

Just wanted to say thanks. I got a hold of this game and it's incredibly fun. Any other recommendations for action/platformers? I'm gonna try Klonoa for PSX next since it's listed as compatible. It's another 2d/3d hybrid.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users