• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 grayfox2721

grayfox2721

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:33 AM

How can I use/connect/mod to use headphones on my xbox?

#2 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

Easiest way would be to use something like this. But the quality would be questionable, someone else already asked a similar question, take a look here.

Edited by jakejm79, 23 September 2008 - 03:39 PM.

#3 DarkMatter

DarkMatter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:27 PM

Here's a circuit I made up a few years ago, which was a part of a tutorial on this site on making a headphone amp for the X-Box. Unfortunately I can't locate the actual tute on X-Box Scene. Sorry about that.

IPB Image

Regards,
DarkMatter

#4 ichigo3223

ichigo3223

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:46 AM

For normal un-amplified sound, just look for the L audio, R Audio, and Audio Ground in the AVIP pins on the Xbox board. Take a regular headphone jack (female) and place it somewhere in your case. Then solder the wire to the correct leads and you'll have un-amplified audio.

For amplified audio, you need a small amplifier and draw power from the Xbox PSU. Then just look for the same spots like a said before (L audio, R audio, Gnd) and connect them to your smal amplifier and then connect your headphone jacks to it.

I think I'll do a diagram so you can see what I mean.

#5 ichigo3223

ichigo3223

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

OK here I made the Diagram. You might also wanna look on JaredC01's diagram to get a better idea.

I interpreted JaredC01 diagram to explain how to do this...look

This one is for just plain audio straight from the Xbox... un-changed, un-amplified. So using this setup is easy, but the sound is not loud enough in most games.

IPB Image

This one is basically the same but with a amplifier. Notice, that adding a amplifier not only the sound will be louder, but you could add a volume control to it.

IPB Image

If you plan on installing a amplifier you can draw power from the Xbox PSU to power it up.

Also, I noticed that when you add the headphone jack and connect the headphones to it, the Xbox will cancel out the audio from the speakers.

Hope this helps.

***Note: I am not taking credit for JaredC01 diagram. I just made one myself to explain how to connect headphone using the exact same pin numbering on Jared's diagram.***

#6 75BoxMc29

75BoxMc29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(DarkMatter @ Sep 23 2008, 11:27 PM) View Post

Here's a circuit I made up a few years ago, which was a part of a tutorial on this site on making a headphone amp for the X-Box. Unfortunately I can't locate the actual tute on X-Box Scene. Sorry about that.

IPB Image

Man I didnít understand a thing about this diagram maybe by words I will word I will. I am very slow in diagrams but on manual I understand how a headphone works together with a headphone amp. I guess I should stick to manual because headphone amp diagrams definitely boggle my mind.

#7 robert0006

robert0006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

better , is make headphone amplifier on NE5532 (low noise ) , LM 385 it is old chip

#8 thcmagus

thcmagus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

im sure they still make something similar to this..

IPB Image

i bought this many moons ago.. looks like they stopped making them in 2001 tongue.gif I still use my rumblefx 3d sound amp to connect my consoles to pc speakers.. ( xbox and xbox360 vga out biggrin.gif )

#9 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

I'm always intrigued when I read a question like this from the OP as to exactly why they want to do what they're asking about. Maybe they have a good reason I hadn't considered, I'd be interested to know. Is he, as others have assumed, really talking about building an audio amp to fit inside the Xbox?

But the solution is, surely, otherwise obvious. If your TV or monitor doesn't have a headphone socket use an amp with one instead. Choose from the DIY amp circuit offered here, purpose designed headphone amps, headphones with built in amps or, of course, the hundreds of AV/Hi-Fi amps available. Solutions to suit almost any pocket.

All you have to worry about is how you actually connect it up.

Edited by fallenangle, 19 February 2011 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users