Photo

Did You Get An Rrod? Which 360 Version?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you get an RRoD? Which 360 version? (if several pick most recent version)

Did you get an RRoD? Which 360 version? (if several pick most recent version)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#196 Eiskold

Eiskold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

have a late 2007 falcon (elite)- bought it new last year around September probably - have had it for less than a year.

It went rrod last week

- xclamp fixed it, it worked, then got e74
- did bake trick by unplugging fan - and that fixed it for maybe 6-8 hours, then the whole screen goes all Matrix with green sh*t running down the screen. (yeah i deserved that, its actually quite a stupid thing to do when you think about it - especially since the system is on)
the next week consisted of:

open,bake,close
arrgghh
open,rebake,close
arrrhh

finally i removed the heatsinks, cleaned the chips - baked with a hairdryer over the gpu for 5 mins, gave it a perm etc. yeah, i dont have a griddle, heat guns or any such thing at all from youtube vids, this is as suburban as you can get)
--zalman thermal greased it (didnt have arctic silver on hand) and its back to working like normal again.

gave it a 16 hour marathon on star ocean - no matrix, no glitches no problem.

yet

if it fritzs again, ill just buy a jasper and a lian li case for it, cause yeh, after seeing the gpu heatsink, honestly i can't see why it didnt rrod much sooner.

Edited by Eiskold, 09 July 2009 - 02:41 PM.

#197 tiquio

tiquio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:48 AM

i was also very dissapointed with my 360. It's a zephyr and I half expected it to red ring after some time.

I had it for almost two years. It was a microsoft refurb when I bought it and I thought it would have been fixed but I was clearly wrong.

I did the xclamp fix, it worked for two weeks. Then it ringed. Reheating got it to only work for minutes. Don't think I'll bother to fix it again I'll just get the jasper.

#198 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:31 AM

i have been lucky and never got a rrod with only one 360

#199 UbeRveLT

UbeRveLT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(juntistik @ Sep 24 2008, 01:44 PM) View Post

I have a launch Elite without any problems what-so-ever.

Same, I have had mine for about 2 years now, been working flawlessly. Very happy.

#200 blong579

blong579

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

need to add jaspers to the list if possible

#201 alexfair

alexfair

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

i'm not sure of my version, I use my 360 a lot no issues, bought it in Aug 2006 Hitatchi drive, just replaced the drive last week due to unreadable disc errors, with a drive that was manufactured in feb 2007 hitatchi.

Only problem i've had so far, thank god.

Is it live or is it Memorex?

#202 bidomo

bidomo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Sports, women, reading, learning languajes, Moding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

FUCKING ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@

#203 iceman2048

iceman2048

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

Aahhh crap. My falcon just gave out. RIP, 04/17/2008 - 08/21/09. I'm hoping the next one I get is a jasper, but don't believe it will do much better, if not worse, than the falcon. Maybe valhalla will save us? tongue.gif

#204 Meccs

Meccs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

My 1.4 year old Falcon died 30 minutes ago. There were like 5 meter air all around the 360. And I thought I would be save....bahhhh unsure.gif

#205 biscoito

biscoito

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

We need something like a custom case with embedded water cooling.

#206 Caesar555

Caesar555

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

Got one on my falcon a month ago and thought wtf?. switched it off, changed the location (front of an open window) and the rod was gone, but i got no picture and no sound. after a couple of minutes i figured out that the hdmi-port had died ;( now using a vga-cable and no problems since. suggestions on how to revive my hdmi?

and there should be an option to add a vote to this poll everytime a box got a rod. i have 3 now und voted only for 1 (i think)

#207 DCarrera

DCarrera

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:15 AM

My Falcon has RROD'd twice.

First 'fix' was the memory chip heat sink 'penny fix'.

The one I finished yesterday was a hybrid x-clamp removal hack (through-bolted the sinks to the outer shell). I hope that lasts longer than the penny hack, which was good for about 3 weeks.

#208 JedMeister

JedMeister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

I voted Opus but I think it is actually a Jasper (or maybe a Falcon - in retrospect I probably should've checked that out before voting and posting - doh!). My g'friends son has had it just over 12mths (so warranty was out) and it stopped reading disks. After some hesitation I opened it and tweaked the laser (as seen on Youtube) and it worked a treat! But within a week got the dreaded 3RROD constantly for about 24 hours (would not boot at all - tried it numerous times). After reading up I went to check the exact code (before pulling it apart again) and it is now working fine again - wtf?!? Oh well, shouldn't complain I guess, just have to keep my fingers crossed. No doubt its only a matter of time though!

#209 larry1981

larry1981

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(JedMeister @ Sep 16 2009, 12:39 PM) View Post

I voted Opus but I think it is actually a Jasper (or maybe a Falcon - in retrospect I probably should've checked that out before voting and posting - doh!). My g'friends son has had it just over 12mths (so warranty was out) and it stopped reading disks. After some hesitation I opened it and tweaked the laser (as seen on Youtube) and it worked a treat! But within a week got the dreaded 3RROD constantly for about 24 hours (would not boot at all - tried it numerous times). After reading up I went to check the exact code (before pulling it apart again) and it is now working fine again - wtf?!? Oh well, shouldn't complain I guess, just have to keep my fingers crossed. No doubt its only a matter of time though!

There is a 3 years warranty for the RROD. Check the Xbox website support for more informations on how to return your XBox for free to Microsoft within 3 years from date of purchase.

#210 Quix82

Quix82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

My Xenon RROD'd about 8 months ago. Even though I know it won't last I did the x-clamp fix and have gotten at least a few hundred hours of game play out of it so far with no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users