madjackal

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of a good, concise, tutorial for installing Waninkoko's loader on a wii. Thanks.

#2 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

I havent looked into it but i think you need a pal wiii first off. Check nintendo-scene.com ?

#3 cai

cai

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(madjackal @ Sep 24 2008, 12:03 PM) View Post

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of a good, concise, tutorial for installing Waninkoko's loader on a wii. Thanks.

Where it was originally leaked from: http://www.gbatemp.n...howtopic=105670

QUOTE(yaazz @ Sep 24 2008, 12:29 PM) View Post

I havent looked into it but i think you need a pal wiii first off. Check nintendo-scene.com ?

And I don't see why we need a Pal Wii....

#4 madjackal

madjackal

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

thanks for link. from the tutorial it looks like you can use an ntsc wii, but you have to use component cables for some reason.

hopefully an official release comes out in october.

#5 cai

cai

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(madjackal @ Sep 24 2008, 04:22 PM) View Post

thanks for link. from the tutorial it looks like you can use an ntsc wii, but you have to use component cables for some reason.

You're welcome. And the reason for the component cables is to reduce problems. Such as black&white game play and blue/green screens.

QUOTE(madjackal @ Sep 24 2008, 04:22 PM) View Post

hopefully an official release comes out in october.

Don't hold your breath. The developper abandonned that project the day the beta version was leaked. There's still a chance he'd change his mind and picks it up again but if I were you I'd use the beta version or just move on...

Edited by cai, 24 September 2008 - 09:34 PM.

#6 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

http://wii.waninkoko.info/
2008/09/19 - Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it.

It has been stated this program can ruin your Wii. It was not meant to be released yet, and can brick your machine.

#7 madjackal

madjackal

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(cai @ Sep 24 2008, 05:09 PM) View Post

Don't hold your breath. The developper abandonned that project the day the beta version was leaked. There's still a chance he'd change his mind and picks it up again but if I were you I'd use the beta version or just move on...

That's too bad if it's really abandoned, it looks like it has promise. Do you think anyone else would continue the project? It'd be nice to have a stable version that wouldn't brick anyone's console haha.

#8 cai

cai

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(madjackal @ Sep 24 2008, 10:37 PM) View Post

That's too bad if it's really abandoned, it looks like it has promise. Do you think anyone else would continue the project? It'd be nice to have a stable version that wouldn't brick anyone's console haha.

I am very confident someone will come along and reuse his ideas/implementations to further advance the app. This is how the scene works. If you are patient enough to wait something will come along. If you want immediate results, grab the beta version and read up on it.

And I wouldn't be too paranoid about it bricking the Wii. There has only been isolated reports. You see, 9 people out of 10 would take a hammer to hit the nail on the head. The last one will take the hammer and pound his fingers and blame it on the hammer. If you read about it before jumping in and installing it and have a good understanding of what you're doing, things whould go fine.

Agreed, there may be some lack of functionality or buggy ones. But I have yet to see solid reports of it bricking any Wii consistenly.

#9 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

I doubt, very much, he would release his source code.

So, not only would the Wii need to be continued to be reverse engineered, but his code as well.

#10 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

i hope it never comes about, a lot of people won't install modchips but would use this and it would cut sales of discs dramatically (i know we all use back-ups but were not every one) something this easy i think would be the end of the wii. but on the other hand how long would it take nintendo to bring out a update to kill this

#11 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

New version has been released by Wii Gator...

It has no color issues on NTSC anymore and the source code has been released.

#12 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

I hear the load times are very bad using these hacks. If thats true any games with fast motion video must stutter really bad. Mod chips are still a much better solution for someone interested in running backups.

#13 decline1822

decline1822

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Sep 29 2008, 10:50 PM) View Post

I hear the load times are very bad using these hacks. If thats true any games with fast motion video must stutter really bad. Mod chips are still a much better solution for someone interested in running backups.

... for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users