12 replies to this topic

#1 tommythetoker

tommythetoker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 02:05 AM

Xbox with any modchip installed (you need a classic (29/11 wire modchip) , you can NOT flash the onboard modchip when you have a LPC modchip (openxbox , x-ecuter , xodus , ...) installed).
Evolution X Installed to the xbox’s harddrive
Soldering iron
2 SPST Switches

that sucks i really wanted to use the xodus or x-ecuter mod so what are my options now

#2 AHaxton

AHaxton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 02:49 AM

Im going to start installing Xodus' now with my modding service and yes you can flash the bios with an Xodus/Matrix chip. When you buy a Xodus/Matrix Chip it comes with the programmer.

#3 Scimmia

Scimmia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (tommythetoker @ Sep 27 2002, 01:05 AM)
Xbox with any modchip installed (you need a classic (29/11 wire modchip) , you can NOT flash the onboard modchip when you have a LPC modchip (openxbox , x-ecuter , xodus , ...) installed).
Evolution X Installed to the xbox’s harddrive
Soldering iron
2 SPST Switches

that sucks i really wanted to use the xodus or x-ecuter mod so what are my options now

Check http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips.php

Any of the Generation 1 or 2 mods will work. LPC mods will not.

#4 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (AHaxton @ Sep 26 2002, 08:49 PM)
Im going to start installing Xodus' now with my modding service and yes you can flash the bios with an Xodus/Matrix chip. When you buy a Xodus/Matrix Chip it comes with the programmer.

Clarification :

You CAN flash the BIOS ON the Xodus chip.
You CANNOT flash the BIOS on the Xbox motherboard.

#5 tommythetoker

tommythetoker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 04:21 AM

so which one do you suggest i have the credit card in my hand ready to order a mod

#6 tommythetoker

tommythetoker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 02:58 PM

i ordered the pandora but iam going to be flashing the xbox it's self so it don't really matter i just got the cheapes one

#7 AHaxton

AHaxton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 08:58 PM

you people are confusing me. So what is the programmers purpose that comes with the Xodus Chip?

#8 Malibuman

Malibuman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (AHaxton @ Sep 27 2002, 07:58 PM)
you people are confusing me. So what is the programmers purpose that comes with the Xodus Chip?

To flash the chip before you install it in your XBox

#9 F-TIMMER

F-TIMMER

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 09:46 PM

if your gonna mod more then one box. buy one xodus and install it onto the xbox . jump the two sets of pads on the xbox so you can flash the tsop .start your box. put both the dipswitches on the mod-chip in the "on" posistion use evox to flash tsop. then you can remove the mod-chip and repeat the process for other boxes. one mod-chip many mods! biggrin.gif

#10 Scimmia

Scimmia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (F-TIMMER @ Sep 27 2002, 08:46 PM)
if your gonna mod more then one box. buy one xodus and install it onto the xbox . jump the two sets of pads on the xbox so you can flash the tsop .start your box. put both the dipswitches on the mod-chip in the "on" posistion use evox to flash tsop. then you can remove the mod-chip and repeat the process for other boxes. one mod-chip many mods! biggrin.gif

Jesus, you've got to be kidding me.

Ok, one MORE time:

YOU CANNOT FLASH THE XBOX TSOP WITH AN LPC MOD, INCLUDING XODUS.

#11 F-TIMMER

F-TIMMER

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 10:25 PM

once you get the evo disk booted you can disable the modchip and flash the bios on the xbox

#12 Ace25

Ace25

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything I can...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 September 2002 - 10:31 PM

F-Timmer: What part of "You can NOT flash the XBox bios with an LPC mod" don't you understand? You can ONLY flash the Xodus chip, NOT the XBox bios with the supplied programmer. Please stop confusing people. Even with Evox and the flash bios option, that will NOT work with any LPC modchips.

#13 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 28 September 2002 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (F-TIMMER @ Sep 27 2002, 03:46 PM)
if your gonna mod more then one box. buy one xodus and install it onto the xbox . jump the two sets of pads  on the xbox so you can flash the tsop .start your box. put both the dipswitches on the mod-chip in the "on" posistion use evox to flash tsop. then you can remove the mod-chip and repeat the process for other boxes. one mod-chip many mods! biggrin.gif

LOL...ahh that was funny.

So here's the "logic" you are using.

You CANNOT flash an onboard bios with an LPC mod.
So instead you attach via wires the same points from the chipped box
to a regular Xbox and expect to flash that Xbox's bios even though the modchip is still running the LPC bus therefore completely bypassing the Xbox's onboard bios.

But since the chip isn't in the other box, but just connected via magical wires , you can flash the other Xbox's onboard bios.

Well, go ahead and do it, but remember to connect the 5v to the 5v on each Xbox and then wire it to the chip please.
laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users