Photo

Newb, Need Help Finding Tutorial For Step By Step Modding.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joshalabama

joshalabama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hey guys,

I've been around forever on this forum and a long time ago had one of the original xboxs modded pretty nicely. It had the matrix chip at first and later I upgraded to the smartxx chip.

I just came back and I was browsing tutorials ect. and I can't seem to find a step by step guide starting form scratch of what I need to do to mod my 360 to start playing the backups I own.

Pretty much my goal is to have a 360 with similar tech/interface of the old evolution dashboard on xbox1, I am not sure what the hacked ones look like, or even where things are. I just want to be able to choose my saved games from the hd, or burn copies so I don't scratch my originals, and boot them...then later add more as I learn more.

Look, I know this is a huge noob topic and would appreciate any help, links, advice. I couldn't find anything so thanks a lot vets.

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

Read through all the pinned topics in all xbox 360 sections of this forum. All of what you're asking about has been answered. Anyone replying to you wil just give you the same information anyway and by doing this, you'll probably answer future questions too.

#3 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(joshalabama @ Sep 25 2008, 06:59 AM) View Post

Pretty much my goal is to have a 360 with similar tech/interface of the old evolution dashboard on xbox1, I am not sure what the hacked ones look like, or even where things are. I just want to be able to choose my saved games from the hd, or burn copies so I don't scratch my originals, and boot them...then later add more as I learn more.

The only thing that can be done with a modded 360 is play backups burnt to DVD+DL disks. NOTHING that could be done with a modded Xbox 1 can be done with a modded 360. No homebrew, no alternate dashboard, nothing at all like a Xbox 1.

#4 Nexi

Nexi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

Ability to play games from the Hard Drive will be coming with the next Dashboard update. Of course, this can be found by searching the forums, there's been plenty of talk about it.

Edited by Nexi, 26 September 2008 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users