• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 d3tr0it

d3tr0it

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (pablo0024 @ Jun 18 2003, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE (d3tr0it @ Jun 18 2003, 12:58 AM)
First of all I want to thank the author for all his work on the emulator.

But what I wonder is that if there is any posibility to get the glNintendo64() plugin ported to the xbox.
I just tried it out on a few games with PJ64 for windows and I really liked the visual quality! Zelda looked real good, even better than with Jabos plugins.. And it ran very well to.

Well the source is availible if you wanted to know @
http://www.emutalk.n....php?forumid=69

And again thanks for the great amount of job you must have put into the project

// d3tr0it

GOD DAMN IT
glide nintendo is for 3dfx cards
the xbox has an nvidia geforce cards

Hehe, Well first let me laugh at your hasty decision.. muhahaha
Then let me explain to you that glNintendo64() is an opengl plugin!

(And just to use CAPS as you) IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO USE A NVIDIA GEFORCE CARD.

And to assure you let me quote from the readme...

QUOTE (readme)
---------------
Requirements
---------------

It should work with any OpenGL 1.4 compatible video card (not extensively tested yet), although a GeForce is recommended because of it's advanced blending abilities.

And for next time... get some faqs before you open your mouth, you just look stupied

// d3tr0it

Edited by d3tr0it, 17 June 2003 - 11:35 PM.

#77 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 June 2003 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (d3tr0it @ Jun 17 2003, 07:26 PM)

It should work with any OpenGL 1.4 compatible video card (not extensively tested yet), although a GeForce is recommended because of it's advanced blending abilities.

OpenGL != DirectX smile.gif

Edited by gainpresence, 17 June 2003 - 11:38 PM.

#78 d3tr0it

d3tr0it

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 11:43 PM

Ahh so u cant use opengl on the xbox.. well thats a shame..
Well i was just wondering..

// d3tr0it

#79 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:04 AM

just a quick point, for in game reset back to roms list press down both analogues and voila back at rom selection

#80 nothingman20

nothingman20

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:14 AM

Bravo to the author on this one.

I love computers, technology and programming because there isn't a single day that goes by without being impressed at what some people can accomplished.

Today your program was that new thing which made me say "Wow"!

nothingman

Edited by nothingman20, 18 June 2003 - 12:14 AM.

#81 Zero

Zero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Generallee02 @ Jun 17 2003, 08:41 PM)
It's great, i just wish they'd put in a reset button to go back to the dashboard. Tired of always shutting system off when i want to play something else on the xbox. the combo L,R, start and select don't work for this Emu.

L + R + Black.

#82 Dante_Ali

Dante_Ali

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:48 AM

PLEASE tell me which version of Wipeout you were running? That is one of the games I REALLY want....BAD!! Thanx!!

The US version seemed to run fine, apart from the corrupted menus. In fact, in 2 player mode it was a little bit too fast.

As for Blast Corps.. yeah it works, very laggy though with Rice 5.0 - as well as all the other Rare games. Must have something to do with the microcode Rare were using on all their games.

#83 JLB2k2

JLB2k2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Dante_Ali @ Jun 18 2003, 02:48 AM)
PLEASE tell me which version of Wipeout you were running? That is one of the games I REALLY want....BAD!! Thanx!!

The US version seemed to run fine, apart from the corrupted menus. In fact, in 2 player mode it was a little bit too fast.

As for Blast Corps.. yeah it works, very laggy though with Rice 5.0 - as well as all the other Rare games. Must have something to do with the microcode Rare were using on all their games.

Yeah and there is some problem trying to move around, it just won't go where you want weird. The sound is kinda screwed but I was just happy that I got to play it. One of the best games for N64.

#84 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:55 AM

A couple clarifications...

Yes, this uses rices latest 5.0.1 plugin.

It plays super smash brothers *every time* for me. make sure you have a (U) [!] rom. It plays alright aside for a few stutters in gameplay and messed up menu's.

Regarding the contest...

In accordance to all legal aspects, the pot will go to pj64-x. Yes, i know UltraXLE plays zelda. Unfortunately the author of UltraXLE didnt beat pj64-x. First come first serve. The UltraXLE author has said that he is happy that the PJ64-X author recieved the funds, and that he is being very charitible with it.

What 32mb roms play?

Rayman 2 and Road Rash 64 are two off the top of my head.

Keep in mind that UltraXLE has a very small compatibility listing. Mario kart,Mario 64, zelda OOT, and goldeneye are the only big titles that play with it.

The author ported it specifically for those. Im very happy that he did. I also spoke with him briefly with an idea..

Making it so that you can rename the ultraxle.xbe to PJ64-daed.xbe and launch it in PJ64-X ...that way you can use a single emulator with higher compatibilty. Or vice versa if the UltraXLE author feels like creating a new UI that can launch PJ64-X xbe's. Either way we will work something out for the end users =)

#85 jizzlobber

jizzlobber

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:55 AM

Sounds good mate, I know both emus will be sitting alongside each other on ym xbox even if that doesn't happen.

I don't want to bring this up AGAIN but I just want to say I feel embarrased by the whinging that's going on... i'm a part of this scene, I love it but i'm amoungs a heap of ungreatful morons, I'm personally extreamely greatful to everyone involved in EVERY release even if I don't need it... and i'm sure most others feel the same way.

it's just unfortunate the attitude of the rest can bring us all down.
there's thousands of people patting you guys on the back though, huge thanks mate smile.gif

#86 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2003 - 05:18 AM

Making it so that you can rename the ultraxle.xbe to PJ64-daed.xbe and launch it in PJ64-X ...that way you can use a single emulator with higher compatibilty. Or vice versa if the UltraXLE author feels like creating a new UI that can launch PJ64-X xbe's. Either way we will work something out for the end users =)

Glad to see you working together... Everyone jumped the gun in assuming both :camps: were trying to out-do each other, eh? I am sure both of these emu's are only gonna get better!

#87 tom_g05

tom_g05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 05:28 AM

SWEET is all I can say SUPER SMASH OWZORZ TO DA MAXIMUM biggrin.gif . I'm one happy guy. Great release can't wait for more. IREZ Keep us updated on this EMU biggrin.gif.

#88 YYN

YYN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 07:54 AM

All sounds very promising =]

THX!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users