Photo

Xdvdmulleter Fails Running On All 3 Of My Computers....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shovelshover

shovelshover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hi. I have been pulling my hair out trying to run xdvdmulleter on any of my 3 pcs. I have tried all versions of xdvdmulleter on all 3 of my pcs and they all fail running. I am not a pc newbie and tried running the .exe AFTER un-archiving the xdvdmulleter software. No luck at all. The latest I tried was version 10.1. The error message is always;

xdvdmulleter.exe - application error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on ok to terminate the application.

I always get that message when I try to run xdvdmulleter no matter what the version (tried all 10 or whatever) and that error message pops up relatively quickly after trying to run the .exe executable file for the program. Absolutely will not work yet. Any ideas? Please respond!

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:46 AM

What operating system are you running?

#3 shovelshover

shovelshover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

Wxppro

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:34 AM

Are you getting the software from reliable sources? XBC now contains the ability to do a stealth check without DVDmulleter. You may want to try the latest version of it.

#5 shovelshover

shovelshover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

I found all of the versions of xdvdmulleter on bins if I am not mistaken, plus I tried a couple of other sources. I originally wanted to use xdvdmulleter to try to make a working backup of my burnout disk (if I am not mistaken xdvdmulleter has a function to place certain information on certain places on a dvd disk therefore ensuring more compatibility (think interleave and also software possibly timing the arrival of certain general information and effectively triggering a time-out of sorts, in this case a "dirty or damaged disk error" (and sometimes more speed) for backed up xbox software (before recording / burning)). It turns out that I have fixed that problem recently. No copies of my burnout disk worked until I used boxplorer to copy the files off of my original burnout (burnout 1 - the original) to my e:\ hard drive partition (a particular folder on it that is) and for some reason that let's me play burnout from my original hard drive BUT all previous copying from the original failed (and I used the popular evolution x dashboard to ftp software on a pc method previous to my recent success with boxplorer). I don't know what the difference maker is but it appears boxplorer is better than ftp software on a pc as far as compatibility goes. I can even ftp from the xbox hard drive to the pc (i.e. copy from the xbox hard drive burnout folder to the pc) the burnout files boxplorer originally copied to the xbox hard drive (xbox 1 here) and then record that onto a dvd disk and burnout works fine still (no more dirty or damaged disk errors any where in the game - even those that previously appeared in the same old spots in the game every time) (although dvd-rom recordable disk access is a lot slower than the original AND seems to require some button pushing to advance through a lot of disk access in order to make playing the game practical), so go figure - I can't figure it out unless the media id is important, OR boxplorer duplicates all file / folder attributes and if the ftp software on the pc doesnít, OR my original copy of burnout has it's information (interleave) optimized and the previous copies didnít, AND the burnout copies that work now don't need xbe patched at all apparently and MIGHT make the copy less useable in this case. I am happy I am able to play burnout perfectly from the hard drive and hopefully if I ever run into the issue of playing from dvd-rom recordable disks being slow with disk access I will have a better plan figured out. I find it bizarre I can't use xdvdmulleter from any of my pces but sometimes coincidences happen and I have heard supposedly true stories of freak coincidences with software / hardware before (in general). If you flip a coin enough you will get 5 heads up in a row in my opinion (I know that the rules of chance are conflicting in this regard but it's my experience 5 heads will come up eventually so to speak (figuratively speaking). Thanks - and let's hope I get to properly run xdvdmulleter sometime!

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

To get the game on the Xbox, DVD2Xbox is the best choice. To rip a game from the Xbox to the PC to back it up you could use Craxtion4. It will read the disk straight from the DVD drive if I remember correctly. Media plays an important part in your Xbox being able to read the game. That is why most people choose to go with the larger HD and rip the game to the Xbox. No compatibility issues and faster load speeds. Not to mention there isn't a need to put in the CD\DVD every time.

#7 shovelshover

shovelshover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for that 1hotjob! I will check out craxtion4 and dvd2xbox. I have a friend that has an older xbox 1 that has a bum dvd-rom drive - :-( , so I might get a cheap HUGE hard drive for him and restore his so he has a movie AND games drive. I might get a used xbox 1 and do that to it too. Running movies off of a hard drive is especially good - nothing ruins a good movie like it being on a dvd-rom and it chokes up from smudges and scratches so putting them all on a hard drive is really great. Apparently qwix will make an iso image of any xbox partition (including the dvd-rom drive disk) and it does more than ftp-ing does BUT I still think it is just files based (interleave might be affected - can't quite picture it in my head to say one way or the other). Thanks and later!

#8 shovelshover

shovelshover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:37 AM

Well I tried craxtion4 and it gives me the same error message that xdvdmulleter gives me when I try to run the executable (.exe) on any of my pcs. Thatís the second program that does that on all of my pcs. Anyone?

#9 GeneralBananas

GeneralBananas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hey man i had the same problem today also. To fix it all i did was i installed the .Net Framework it'll work on basic version 2 but i recommend also installing the framework 3. You need to install them separately and with framework 2 first

here are the links.

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en This one is Framework 3

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en This is framework 2

Hope this fixs your problem as it did mine.

#10 shovelshover

shovelshover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

It fixed my problem! Thanks a bunch generalbananas! Now craxtion4 (and who knows what else) AND xdvdmulleter work perfectly fine! Pretty cool! If only xdvdmulleter had a system requirements text I might have found this fix a long time ago! Thanks again, later!

#11 GeneralBananas

GeneralBananas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:13 AM

No problem if you need any more help just PM and ill try to help you out I have done backups for both the original xbox and the 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users