Photo

Xbox Live - Xbox 360 Live... Will I Be Able To Play?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 charlie jennings

charlie jennings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey guys,
I'm buying a xbox 1 and am going to mod it....

But, I'm going to mod on xbox live.
So... the question that I am asking is: Will I get banned from halo 3 on my account 'X' if I mod halo 2 on another console on account 'X' (the same account)

cheers guys,
Charlie

Also: Kinda off topic... Will a standard pc fan fit in a xbox 1 (if i remember rightly it need a trim to get it to fit...

huh.gif

#2 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

um well regardless if you do get caught your account will probably be banned either way so it will probably just be inaccessible from your 360 as well if you do get caught modding on your xbox 1 or vice versa...

Regarding your last post that belongs in the Hardware forums and I think they have a section for installing fans so I'd check there as Im not too hardware savvy if you look in the link in my sig.

#3 Juvenal1228

Juvenal1228

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

as far as i know, it's not your xbox live acct. that gets banned, is it? i always thought it was the console

#4 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

I think we might be exercising two definitions of the term modding here. If by modding you mean altering things with the game code otherwise known as cheating, then yes, you will be banned everywhere AFAIK. Just adding a chip though and not altering game data would/may just get that particular box banned, not the account.

#5 charlie jennings

charlie jennings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

Sorry.

I'm looking to mod the maps of halo 2, Play them on account 'X' and still be able to play xbox live on my unmodded 360 with account 'X' (i dont care if im banned on halo 2 matchmaking)

Charlie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users