• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Merkaba @ Oct 1 2008, 08:41 PM) View Post

The cooling system looks the same

So you have pics of what the cooling system for a jasper looks like, huh? rolleyes.gif

#32 S-M

S-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

hello, long time lurker and first time poster

my old 2006 core machine finally got its RROD last week.

i had planned to take this week off to spend the entire week on the xbox as my car was away getting a bigger engine fitted biggrin.gif

so i went out in the back end of last week and bought a new elite to tide me over, figuring i would sell the core machine on when it comes back (wanted the bigger HD and wireless controllers anyway)

checked my manufacturing date this morning while registering the box with MS and IIRC i have a 13-8-2008 machine

lot 0833 on the box

i am a bit reluctant to take it apart for you lot as i like my warrantee wink.gif

but if you know of any other ways to let you know which revision it is, i will have a go at some point today (got nothing better to do, seams like xbox live is down again?!?!)

cheers

Edited by S-M, 02 October 2008 - 10:03 AM.

#33 S-M

S-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

just been asked by a mate to check the PSU to see if its 175w

to be honest i was still using the core psu (203w) so checked the new one (still wrapped up lol) and it is 175w (not sure if this helps you lot?)

some pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#34 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(S-M @ Oct 2 2008, 06:08 AM) View Post

just been asked by a mate to check the PSU to see if its 175w

to be honest i was still using the core psu (203w) so checked the new one (still wrapped up lol) and it is 175w (not sure if this helps you lot?)

some pics

what is this supposed to prove? you haven't taken the system apart, so there is no way to know whats inside of that.

#35 Merkaba

Merkaba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:38 AM

**NOT Allowed** of course u can see a bit of the cooling system by shining a flash light through it. ur camera looks decent enuff to get some shots through the vents. there was a guide on how to do it on these forums from a while back i dunno if its still around. do a search.
So you have pics of what the cooling system for a jasper looks like, huh? rolleyes.gif

yea theres already lots of pictures of the current cooling system all over the web. comp.gif

Edited by chorizo1, 03 October 2008 - 03:06 AM.

#36 gatorayde

gatorayde

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:52 AM

The newest cooling setup would be a falcon, and if the jasper in deed does have a 65nm gpu, I would not see microsoft changing the cooling anytime soon, especially for a chip that will run cooler.

Edited by gatorayde, 03 October 2008 - 03:52 AM.

#37 scottylans

scottylans

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(g-sas @ Sep 30 2008, 11:10 PM) View Post

I owned a Xenon 360 which I had to fix using the x-clamp method and the drive was bad, I had longer loading times in BF:BC than all the other players. So I waited a long time for that Jasper box.

Then I bought a Falcon with Benq yesterday, because I don't want a Liteon drive. The Falcon is in no way more silent than a Xenon and I really don't think the Jasper will be. It will be a little cooler and maybe need less power, but I don't think there will be a noticeable difference in noise production

Yep I got a falcon when they came out and I was so apalled with the noise I sold it and stuck with my PS3.
Will re-buy a 360 when I can finally load games to the hard disk drive, you guys who put up with the optical noise, good for you but I thought it was absoloutely terrible.

#38 S-M

S-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 2 2008, 09:30 PM) View Post

what is this supposed to prove? you haven't taken the system apart, so there is no way to know whats inside of that.

i have no idea?

you tell me ?

i did not even realise that the PSU had changed at all.

i posted up figuring i was doing you lot a favour if you could work it all out with some of my help.

i wont be taking it apart, i have no need to, i had no idea "jaspers" even existed until yesterday morning as i am not "into the scene"

makes no odds to me what the hell it is, my core broke, i sent it back for refurb and bought an elite, and figured if i could, i would give you lot a hand rolleyes.gif without butchering the case.

if the elite broke and the core was sold, i would buy another while i sent it back for refurb and "sell it on" when it comes back.

#39 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

Not really on topic but dont use that to blank stuff in your pictures...
IPB Image

People can just restore the actual picture by reversing the algorithm, the pixels are still there, they have only been moved out of place...
Either just black it out or blur it until you cant read it anymore...

This doesnt proof that Jasper is out yet though and if it happens you will be able to find it on the mainpage with highres pictures of the mainboard...

#40 S-M

S-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:43 AM

are all the "new" PSU`s supposed to have this same text on the back ?

http://i181.photobuc...new360brick.jpg

because mine has different text on it, still 14.2a but it is a different model number.

one thing i did notice was that the old PSU, has "buttons" to help remove the connector from the xbox, with a metal shield type "ground" around the outside.

the new one has no buttons what so ever and no "grd" around the outside of the connector plug

might just be the same as the new PSU`s for all i know

#41 Merkaba

Merkaba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(gatorayde @ Oct 3 2008, 04:28 AM) View Post

The newest cooling setup would be a falcon, and if the jasper in deed does have a 65nm gpu, I would not see microsoft changing the cooling anytime soon, especially for a chip that will run cooler.

thank you biggrin.gif

#42 alexmcph

alexmcph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(scottylans @ Oct 3 2008, 06:13 PM) View Post

Yep I got a falcon when they came out and I was so apalled with the noise I sold it and stuck with my PS3.
Will re-buy a 360 when I can finally load games to the hard disk drive, you guys who put up with the optical noise, good for you but I thought it was absoloutely terrible.

I have a falcon elite that was a jet engine until the hitachi was replaced with a spoofed benq. Its the hitachi drive that makes the noise, not the falcon mobo.

#43 syntaxx_error

syntaxx_error

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

No news about jasper ? I think it's not available yet, and that's why no one was able to show us pictures of the new mobo sad.gif

#44 manatarms25

manatarms25

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

No news about jasper ? I think it's not available yet, and that's why no one was able to show us pictures of the new mobo sad.gif

I have not seen one yet, I looked all over two cites this weekend. I just broke down and bought a elite Falcon. I have been to long with out. Hey if it fails I have a 3 year warr. than maybe I will get a Jasper when it does?

#45 hondaguy207

hondaguy207

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:44 AM

just bought a lot 839x from gamestop with a munufacture date is 9/22/08 I think it's a jasper, I have got 3 new 360's, [My favorite console of all time] over the last 6 months and the first one was a 4/20/08 and in the end is copper colored caps and copper metal things, and is a benq. it has 6 caps

my second is a 5/19/08 and it has copper caps and red metal things,and has a liteon. has 6 caps

my newest one bought yesterday has two double size black caps and a bunch of red metal things, it is a liteon and a lot 839x.

all 3 have the same serial number on the heatsinks ending in REVB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users