Burge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

I have been looking around the forum this morning to see if anyone else has had the same problem.
XBMC seems to no longer be able to play my movies, but oddly enough it can still play my TV Episodes, both are stored on the same NAS (MyBook World) which becuase it will play one and not the other leads me to believe its some sort of memory issue/cache size issue?

I have the lastest T3CH build (Atlantis Beta1) and am running it at 720p with the PM3.HD skin (I have tried PM3 but same issue). Its been running at 720p for a long time now and I know it has played movies in the past so I can only assume that something has changed in recent builds.

My network is wired, I have tried playing with the cache setting it at 0, the 2048,4096, nothing seems to make any difference.
Sometimes after a long wait a movie will play but then begin to stutter badly after a few minutes.

I am able to stream the same files over the network in windows using VLC,Mediaplayer etc.

Here is my debuglog

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Burge

#2 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Just as a minor thought, do you use the library or file view?
If you use the library then try removing a film that isnt working, and rescan it, to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise just try swapping view to see if it changes anything.

#3 Burge

Burge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

i use library view normally, since this problem started happening i have tried using different views in library view, i have tried turning the library off and just using file view.
Nothing has helped so far, I'm going to try revert back to an older xbmc to see if I can get movies to play once again!
I wonder if the problem has got something to do with trying to play larger files, the 350mb episodes play without a problem its just when i try the 700mb+ i have issues.

Thanks

Stu

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

You may try checking your network too. It may have a problem trying to stream the larger file. Change network cables, put the Xbox next to the router with a shorter cable, things like that.

I have a power line adapter I use in a bedroom. When the video first starts it will stutter and when there is a lot of action it does the same. That makes me think it may be something with the network. Reverting to an older build of XBMC may help too. I usually don't upgrade unless it is beneficial to me. Like fixing the weather problem.

#5 GinoDivx

GinoDivx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

I posted 3 posts below - try to switch to an older release (2007-12-23 works for me), I suspect a bug of some sort, still waiting for answer to my (similar) question.

#6 Burge

Burge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

Thanks 1hotjob, I was using a powerline adapter also, it was plugged into a very cheap extension plug, i changed the extension plug for a better one and wouldn't you know it, my problem went away.
So after all XBMC was not a fault it was just plain old bandwidth problems.

I think I'll save myself some future grief and put in some proper network cables instead of using the power adapters.

I'm now running the lastest T3CH XBMC and movies once again stream without a problem.

Thanks for your help

Burge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users