Photo

Did X-clamp Replacement And Video Freezes...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dzydzy

dzydzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

So I used Wilhelm's x-clamp replacement tutorial and I had to bake at the end. Worked for 15 hours and got RROD again.

I fixed the tightness of the screws and it worked again without baking, so I put it back together and tried to play but found out my profile was corrupted so I tried some stuff and at one point I turned the 360 back on and now:

Problem:
It boots fine and starts the 360 sphere intro and gets green lights but about 1sec into the intro the video freezes and the sound keeps going, all the while the lights are still green.

What should I do?

#2 adrenaline_X

adrenaline_X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(dzydzy @ Oct 5 2008, 06:27 PM) View Post

So I used Wilhelm's x-clamp replacement tutorial and I had to bake at the end. Worked for 15 hours and got RROD again.

I fixed the tightness of the screws and it worked again without baking, so I put it back together and tried to play but found out my profile was corrupted so I tried some stuff and at one point I turned the 360 back on and now:

Problem:
It boots fine and starts the 360 sphere intro and gets green lights but about 1sec into the intro the video freezes and the sound keeps going, all the while the lights are still green.

What should I do?

I have the same thing.. Tightening screws help but the video will freeze and the sound keeps going.

I'm guessing the scaler chip as the box doesn't freeze like it would before it would RROD

#3 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:33 AM

Hmm will be scaler chip related then, keep adjusting the screws and try to make the screws on the upper side of the GPU where the small additional chip die is just slightly tighter because this will be the region where your cold solder joint is...

If you cant get the thing going at all you will have to heatgun it, this will get rid of it for sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users