Photo

Xbmc For Xbox - October 06th 2008 Svn Rev15805 (atlantis Beta2)

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

XBMC for Xbox (XboxMediaCenter) SVN rev15805 build (Atlantis Beta2) of October 06th 2008 compiled by T3CH

This is a complete snapshot of what was in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
+ Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin 0.94 [skin/MediaStream]
+ Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pike's Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) SVN pre-0.99.7.1 rev2363 [scripts/Apple Movie Trailers]
+ Team XBMC Lyrics 1.6.0 rev2266 SCRIPT [scripts/XBMC Lyrics]
+ Asteron's Tetris 1.1 SCRIPT [scripts/Tetris]
+ BigBellyBilly's T3CH Upgrader 1.7 SCRIPT [scripts/T3CH Upgrader]
+ Nuka1195's XBMC-Addons Installer 1.2c PLUGIN [plugins/programs/]
+ Codecs for mplayer [/system/players/mplayer/codecs/*]

Special Note From T3CH:

* Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to wait for Beta 2 to be tagged before I made this release.
* Team Razorfish's MediaStream skin updated to 0.94 see: http://xbmc.org/foru...ead.php?t=38504, AMT upgraded to 0.99.7.1
* From Team XBMC about the Atlantis Beta2 release:

Team-XBMC is proud to announce the second cross-platform Beta version of XBMC Media Center for Linux, Mac OS X (Leopard, Tiger, and Apple TV), Windows, and Xbox, in preparation for the upcoming point release of XBMC, code named ‘Atlantis‘.

New in this release is multi-core video decoding for Windows users, courtesy of a rebuilt FFmpeg by WiSo and AreaScout, and XBMC now runs on the Apple TV via the easy to use USB installer created by Scott Davilla. We have also updated the skins (PM3.HD, Project Mayhem III, and MediaStream by Team Razorfish) to their latest versions.

With almost 80 tickets closed, and close to 200 commits to SVN since Beta 1 was released, Beta 2 represents a clear step forward in terms of stability. Thanks to all in the community who have made this possible by reporting bugs and suggesting improvements!

* I will no longer include the Win32.exe that was only meant as a skinning and python development tool. Instead I suggest you use the WIN32/SDL version based on linuxport branch. You can find more info about it here (see the sticky for download).
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:

Here is the FULL changelog since the September 19th 2008 SVN Rev15640 (atlantis Beta1) Build (last one posted on xbox-scene):

2008-10-05 15805 merged: Linuxport changes through to revision 15804.
2008-10-01 15728 fixed: Ticket #4949 - Music Playback not stopped correctly.
2008-10-01 15724 merged: Linuxport changes to rev 15723.

INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:

* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox. Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.

* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406656

* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot (see http://xbmc.org/wiki...=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

* AN INTRODUCTION TO PLUGINS
XBMC has a system for Media plugins to allow browsing of remote content (Internet) using the regular filesystem approach.
Plugins are put inside >>XBMC/plugins/<video/music/pictures>/<< (I already do this for the one/s I include), furthermore they also need to be installed as a source in (video/music/pictures).
You do this install by using the contextmenu choice >>Add New Source<< while in ROOT list and then choosing ***Plugins as source.
Then you highlight (not select) the folder of the plugin you want to install. It will be saved inside sources.xml for future.

* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!

INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:

XBMC's online manual can be found at http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Main_Page .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://xbmc.org/forum/ , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net). (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)

If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!

If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.google.co...q=xbox trainers

The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.

If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.

XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt

Official XBMC Website: http://xbmc.org
Official T3CH Website: http://t3ch.yi.se

#2 k@iserex

k@iserex

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:24 AM

Ty! T3ECH for compiling this release for us...
Ty! XBMC Team for creating such a divers and great app....it really deserves a tag: pure awesomeness!!!
Ty! Team Razorfish for creating the most professional looking skin!!!
Ty! JezzX for porting PMIII into HD class!!!

Edited by k@iserex, 07 October 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#3 eduardor2k

eduardor2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:40 AM

Beta 2 Already, damn that's fast!

XBMC is looking slick!

#4 Yappadappadu1000

Yappadappadu1000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:01 AM

The videos now load faster. The same goes for returning to the menu after having finished watching a video. At least for me.
Unfortunately, since the last version, the online script installer doesn't work anymore. Am I the only one?

#5 eduardor2k

eduardor2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

I've just finished playing with it, the new MediaStream Skin looks very nice.

* videos work great
* XBMC is a lot more responsive

They fixed an issue that had XBMC until now, if you didn't use a normal resolution, 4:3 / 16:9 XBMC would give you an error (memory error), but now works great.

Great job, if they add support for TV i'm sure XBMC will be the best media center app out there.

#6 Yappadappadu1000

Yappadappadu1000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:33 AM

True, Dual View mode support is needed for the PC version. That way I could still work on my computer, while watching a movie with XBMC on the LCD.

Edited by Yappadappadu1000, 07 October 2008 - 02:35 AM.

#7 metalcoat

metalcoat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:14 AM

just installed on ubuntu using HD PMIII nice... xbox next

#8 hokie420

hokie420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:35 AM

looks sweet... i was having problems with audio/video skipping on the sept9 version.. but this version is working wonderfully! thanks for the great software...

#9 troyBORG

troyBORG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:57 AM

Still wanting to know will this work on a PS3?

If so I'll plan on buying a PS3 for this reason, (and for LittleBigPlanett)

#10 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:12 AM

nice !! keep up the good work !!

#11 kawasabi

kawasabi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

Good stuff!

#12 hasselhof

hasselhof

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:07 AM

Nice one, Thanks to all involved. love.gif

#13 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:38 AM

can anyone confirm if this works well with the MC360 skin?

cause the last version i tried (i think Sep 9th 2008) had issues with it like when i would first load up XBMC (running MC360) and use d-pad to go to the xbmc live screen (far left)... use d-pad and go to the far left screen it would not work right as i could not go back to any other screen until i used the d-pad to move up and down first then i could then press right on d-pad and it would then work like normal.... this was consistent issue to as i could repeat it time after time on initial boot of XBMC when running MC360 skin.

#14 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:20 AM

It's such a shame the 360's not able to run homebrew - this would be so sweet, seeing as there's Windows and Apple support for it.

The XBMC wheel keeps on turning .... biggrin.gif

#15 katz

katz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:58 PM

i tried the app ( http://billyad2000.co.uk/ ), cant really get it to work properly?

Do the TV Shows need to be in a special Folder\filename structure for it to scrape correctly ?

Currently my structure is as follow:

\## TV ##\Prison Break\Season 4\Prison Break - 04x07.avi

I dont bother having the name of the episode.

Also once I have scraped everything correctly(or that app has), How in xbmc (media stream) do I set it so it should read ALL thumbnails\.nfo from the SOURCE (ie off the computer) and not scan ? I essentially want to keep one source of all this, and that is on the PC.

Cheers smile.gif

Edited by katz, 07 October 2008 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users