#1 atanimation

atanimation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hi guys,
here's the question:
I bought an Xbox in Canada, but soon I'll be moving to Europe.
Is there a way I can keep the machine and play online in Europe with original games?
Like if I make it modded am I gonna be able to play online without be banned even if I use original games both canadians ( the ones I already have) and europeans ( the ones I am gonna buy)?
Please help me!
I have a feelings for my xbox and would liek to keep it! tongue.gif

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

modding will have zero impact on what games you are able to play. modding your system will only let you boot backups of working games, it doesn't make your system region free.

modding your system is safe at the current time, playing backups on live makes things more risky. ultimately though, new games you buy in europe won't work on your current system unless they are region free games. so in effect, some new games will work while others don't. you'll have to search the web before buying new games to figure out what your system will boot and what it won't.

#3 atanimation

atanimation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for your reply!
Is there a way then to make the xbox region free?
And let's say there is not way, I could still buy games online from Canada and States, in that way could I still play online from Europe??? ( taking for granted that I am gi=onna have a tv able to play NTSC )
Thanks a lot.

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

there is no way to make your system, or your games region free. you should be able to import games from the states and play them on live without an issue though.

unfortunately, importing games will be so expensive that it might be cheaper to buy a new 360 arcade pack in your new region and just swap the hdd back and forth between your two systems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users