Photo

Can I Use A Usb External Sound Card With My 360?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cypher79

cypher79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hey all, I currently have a set of logitech 2.1 speakers which I use for my 360 and pc, I'm planning on buying a usb powered external sound card for my pc, I was wondering if I could also plug it into the usb on my 360 and power my speakers through that, without having the pc on?

#2 sebastius

sebastius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

Nope, great idea, but it won't work, the 360 software won't have a USB Sound Card driver in it.

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

You don't understand the question. He wants to use the USB sound card's input to send the signal from his 360's audio to his desktop speakers. Most likely not, since the soundcard is powered by USB, and if your PC isn't on, then it's not getting power (in most cases).

#4 cypher79

cypher79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(brandogg @ Oct 8 2008, 11:40 PM) View Post

You don't understand the question. He wants to use the USB sound card's input to send the signal from his 360's audio to his desktop speakers. Most likely not, since the soundcard is powered by USB, and if your PC isn't on, then it's not getting power (in most cases).

yes, but wouldnt it be getting power from the 360 when plugged in via usb?

#5 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:29 AM

Ah, now I get it. Possibly, and if it just takes the input and passes it to the speakers, without using any software, then it would probably work. Only one way to find out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users