12 replies to this topic

#1 xboxry

xboxry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

HI All,

I've read enough posts that my eyes are starting to bleed but I cannot find the info I need. I have an XBOX Crystal which was softmodded a few years back. I finally decided to throw in a 250GB drive using Xboxhdm1.9. All is working fine except for the 137GB limit due to my older BIOS. I downloaded EvoX M8+ (Xbox v1.6)(256kb).bin which I assume is correct for my XBOX and have ran it threw EVTOOL 1.9 to allow Partition 6 to take the rest of the drive. I now have my new BIOS (hopefully but I cannot figure out how to flash it.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction or offer some advice?

I have a couple of other questions too if you donlt mind?

I'm assuming the above is correct for my XBOX but how can I ensure I have the right BIOS patched?
If I screw up will my XBOX endup being a brick?
I still have my stock drive if all goes wrong will it be OK if throw this back in?

Looking forward to your response!!

Thanks

Ryan

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

The reason you're struggling to find the info you need is because you don't use a modded BIOS with a softmod - the softmod patches the MS-BIOS in memory. To solve your problem you have two basic choices:

- upgrade to a later softmod with LBA48 support (and a whole pile of other useful features). Start here.
- install a chip, or TSOP flash your Xbox with a modded BIOS.

If you stick with the softmod then yes, your stock HD will allow you to recover - as will xboxhdm and a copy of your eeprom!

Or have I misread your post, and you want to convert from your softmod into a chip/TSOP flash....?

Edited by Heimdall, 08 October 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

that bios isnt gonna do you any good unless you by a chip there is no tsop on a 1.6 xbox so u cant flash it the best thing to do is upgrade your softmod and it can be done using ftp

#4 gaddster

gaddster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

softmodded my crystal box ages ago using the splinter cell exploit and never had any issues with putting a 250gb disk in it. As already said flashing the bios is a seperate issue!

#5 xboxry

xboxry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

Thanks VERY MUCH guys, I was getting really frustrated with trying to find the info. I'm gonna give the NDURE a whirl and see how I get on!!

#6 xboxry

xboxry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:06 PM

OK ran Ndure and FTPd the new C & E drives to the XBOX and I now have my full drive space available however the screen has an awful green cast. I can see the XBMX screen but the colours has a green tinge, any ideas?

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

What video connection are you using? Green tint is usually associated with component connections to a VGA monitor.

#8 xboxry

xboxry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

I'm using a component cable to an LCD TV to get 720p - The MS Dash is fine just when it boots into UnleashX and XBMC etc. I think I'm going to try another build created with NDURE and see how I get on. I may even rip the drive out and start from scratch agin rather than FTPing the files across.

#9 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

double check you cables to make sure you have them plugged in the right way

#10 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:54 AM

Ensure the RGB option in Ndure is unselected. E:\ndts\default.xbe nkpatcher option should have it too.

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

.... and if there's a video.bin file in E:\NKP11\ try temporarily renaming it and rebooting.

Edit: Still typing too slowly!

Edited by Heimdall, 11 October 2008 - 01:13 AM.

#12 xboxry

xboxry

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

Thanks guys I think it was the RGB option - I rebuilt and it was OK but I think I've bricked my xbox by setting XBMC as the default dash now it wont boot, it loads the flubber screen and then restarts constantly and the Eject button just gives me the service screen!! if you have any ideas then please see my other post.

Thanks again!.

#13 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:03 AM

unplug the dvd rom ide cable and see if you can get an error 12 or did you get the eeprom.bin backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users