Now we will prepare the connections.
1. Turn off your PC.
2. Connect your lite-on dvd drive to the connectivity Kit (Only power/ No RS232 cable plugged in / No SATA cable plugged in either)
but I dont have the conectivity kit, what am I going to do to provide the unit with power? Should I just plug in the normal power cable from the 360?
also this step
1. Turn on your PC, and boot on DOS.
2. Once under DOS, the SATA connect your lite-on dvd drive to a SATA port on your motherboard, or card VIA 6421 PCI Card.
3. Turn on the connectivity kit to power your dvd drive.
4. In dos Type “dvdkey xxxx” where xxxx must be the address of your port SATA. If you do not know, run dosflash in Auto mode to find (refer to the tutorials on benq for this).
keeps saying all though the guide that I need to turn on the connectivity kit but I dont have it and the guide says I dont need it here.
B2. Preparations for the dvd drive step 2
[Only if you do not have connectivity kit]
In case you don’t have connectivity kit v2, you can solder the RS232 cable directly to the PCB.
can anyone help?
PS. I do realise that I wrote flash lite-on instead of dump lite-on in the title so shhh.
Edited by Zellcorp, 09 October 2008 - 10:58 AM.