• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Saraph

Saraph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

Hi all! I'm having a slight issue... I can't seem to connect my XBOX to the PC's FTP at all. My set up is as follows... Cable>Cable Modem>Router>5 Port Hub>PC+XBOX. I had to use the hub because the router is in a separate house. For some odd reason I can get an IP and actually connect to apple movie trailers, but nothing else? Weird huh? I also have XBMC as my dashboard. If you think this is a problem you can solve, let me know!

I'm sure most of you have some experience with this sort of thing... Besides the internet not working right I was wondering how I would get and use an imdb scraper for my movies. I put around 170 on there and would like to keep them as organized as I see them in the youtube videos. Also, emulator, game, and tool icons, where do I get these?

How I got all this on my XBOX in the first place? I have a cross over cable and that was easy enough to set up, but now that I got a hub to keep the PC and the XBOX online at the same time... the PC works, the XBOX don't. Help!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

Just to confirm, are the Xbox and the PC both running DHCP, and getting different addresses?

I'm presuming you've tried different ports on the hub?

Can you ping the Xbox from the PC?

Edited by Heimdall, 10 October 2008 - 12:55 AM.

#3 Saraph

Saraph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 9 2008, 08:29 PM) View Post

Just to confirm, are the Xbox and the PC both running DHCP, and getting different addresses?

I'm presuming you've tried different ports on the hub?

Can you ping the Xbox from the PC?

Yes they are. Yes, the PC is around 100-101 and the XBOX is 102 I believe (192.168.1.10#). Port on FlashXP is 21 and of course the user/pass is xbox. I didn't think to try differnet ports on the hub. Would that really make a difference? My set-up is:

[Uplink*Cable Modem->Router->Hub] [Port 1 PC] [Port 2 XBOX] [Port 3 Empty] [Port 4 Empty] [Port 5 Empty]

The PC works perfectly fine, just like being directly connected to the router. The XBOX however, displays a "Not Connected To Server" scrolling along the bottom but for some reason gets an IP and is able to download trailers from Apple using the script provided in the 9/20/08 build of XBMC. Thanks for your help, let me know what I should do! happy.gif

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:22 AM

The hub port is highly unlikely to be the problem, but it's worth checking stuff like that just in case!

What does the Flashfxp log say when you try to connect?

#5 Saraph

Saraph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 9 2008, 08:58 PM) View Post

The hub port is highly unlikely to be the problem, but it's worth checking stuff like that just in case!

What does the Flashfxp log say when you try to connect?

Unfortunately I'm at work (har har) right now so I can't write down exactly what it says, but I know it says my IP and cannot connect, retying. I don't get much time at home to troubleshoot so I try to do it all while I'm here and bored.

On a set up like this, what should I have enabled and disabled on my network setting in XBMC? Knowing that is set up perfectly would be a good start.

Edited by Saraph, 10 October 2008 - 01:31 AM.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:49 AM

There's not much to set up. Make sure you're using the latest T3CH build. Set the address assignment to DHCP, enable Internet lookups, enable the FTP server. I think that's how it ships as standard! Confirm you are getting different IP addresses on the Xbox and the PC, and that you can ping the Xbox from the PC, and it should just work! You might need to fiddle with the firewall on your PC to get it to allow ping to work, but other than that there's not much to do.

Once you can ping the Xbox, fire up FlashFXP and try to connect. If the connection is refused or times out, paste the three or four lines either side of the connection attempt here (or in pastebins if the log is large) and we can have a look.

#7 Saraph

Saraph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 9 2008, 09:25 PM) View Post

There's not much to set up. Make sure you're using the latest T3CH build. Set the address assignment to DHCP, enable Internet lookups, enable the FTP server. I think that's how it ships as standard! Confirm you are getting different IP addresses on the Xbox and the PC, and that you can ping the Xbox from the PC, and it should just work! You might need to fiddle with the firewall on your PC to get it to allow ping to work, but other than that there's not much to do.

Once you can ping the Xbox, fire up FlashFXP and try to connect. If the connection is refused or times out, paste the three or four lines either side of the connection attempt here (or in pastebins if the log is large) and we can have a look.

Ok, I'll paste it in here. I did just about everything you suggested and it still didn't work. I've been fiddling for days my friend. ^^ Thank you for all your help!

#8 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

Is PC running a firewall?

#9 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE(Saraph @ Oct 10 2008, 06:56 AM) View Post
I can't seem to connect my XBOX to the PC's FTP at all.

Um... I assume you mean you can't connect the FTP client on your PC to the FTP service on your X-Box? huh.gif

QUOTE('Saraph')
I did just about everything you suggested and it still didn't work.

To be specific, you mean the PC can't ping the X-Box?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users