thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

so i have an ATI AIW X1900 card and i have recently lost the software that ca,ke with it o allow me to watch tv with it and i was not able to obtain the software from their site so im looking for a good, perferably free, 3rd party software that i can use to watch tv through my aiw card

thx

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

http://www.dscaler.org/

#3 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

okay....i have a couple questions that, instead of creating new topics for, ill just add them here.

I downloaded dscaler and, im sad to say, i cant figure it out.....do you know fo anything simpler i can use to just view on my pc what im watchingt through my cable box?

also im having a problem with the windows xp welcome screen...i want it gone and i go to the control panel to turn it off but when i do that, a generic login/password window pops up in its place.....how do i eliminate all of that so that it just boots directly into windows.

also....im looking for a simple, perferably free video editing tool...something that i can pop a video in and cut out parts on a timeline

thx in advance for your help

#4 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(thegame_evolution @ Oct 10 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post
okay....i have a couple questions that, instead of creating new topics for, ill just add them here.

I downloaded dscaler and, im sad to say, i cant figure it out.....do you know fo anything simpler i can use to just view on my pc what im watchingt through my cable box?
Unfortunately, DScaler is all I have ever used. It does everything I ever needed. What problems are you having?

also im having a problem with the windows xp welcome screen...i want it gone and i go to the control panel to turn it off but when i do that, a generic login/password window pops up in its place.....how do i eliminate all of that so that it just boots directly into windows.
You can use the WinXP Power Toy TweakUI, or Start ---> Run --> "control userpasswords2" then disable it.

also....im looking for a simple, perferably free video editing tool...something that i can pop a video in and cut out parts on a timeline

thx in advance for your help
If it is avi format, virtualdub does a great job. If it is mpg, TMPGEnc does a great job. TMPGEnc has a 30 day trial for mpg2, free for mpg1.

Edited by throwingks, 12 October 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#5 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

Unfortunately, DScaler is all I have ever used. It does everything I ever needed. What problems are you having?

the main problem im having is that, when i used the ATI software at least, I had to change the channel on the tuner to be able to watch.....and im not able to do that with dscaler.

#6 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

If you setup things correctly (tuner, region, etc.) Use toggle ---> toolbar, the num-pad, or right click on the image and select which channel you want to watch.

Edited by throwingks, 13 October 2008 - 01:58 AM.

#7 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

nvm....problem solved.....thanks for the help smile.gif ....d o you know where dscaler default stores recordings?

Edited by thegame_evolution, 14 October 2008 - 07:20 PM.

#8 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

ok i think i have a little dyslexia......im having a problem with audio.....there seems to be a setting that isnt correct because there is no sound when i playback things i record from TV.....what settings do i need to accomplish this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users