#1 KernerOptical

KernerOptical

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Hi gang,

Need some advice,

Purchased an Elite just over a year ago and my DVD drive has just failed, making horrible spin up sounds just prior to it spitting back 'Unreadable Disc' errors on any game I pop in.

After plugging in my serial online it spits back that it's out of warranty so what's the best way to get this fixed and ideally covered under warranty?

Induce the red rings of death to get it covered or alternatively to waiting weeks for a warranty repair, is there a cheap way to fix it myself?

TIA

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(KernerOptical @ Oct 11 2008, 08:55 PM) View Post

Hi gang,

Need some advice,

Purchased an Elite just over a year ago and my DVD drive has just failed, making horrible spin up sounds just prior to it spitting back 'Unreadable Disc' errors on any game I pop in.

After plugging in my serial online it spits back that it's out of warranty so what's the best way to get this fixed and ideally covered under warranty?

Induce the red rings of death to get it covered or alternatively to waiting weeks for a warranty repair, is there a cheap way to fix it myself?

TIA

Warranty fraud is in no way supported on here and will be treated with a suspension/ban so dont even think about it...

Since it is out of warranty and dvd errors arent covered you will have to fix it yourself.
The unreadable disc error will most likely just be a bad laser, go try Moda's pot calibration tutorial this fixes these reading errors in most cases...
Search for it on Google!

#3 KernerOptical

KernerOptical

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Oct 11 2008, 12:22 PM) View Post

Warranty fraud is in no way supported on here and will be treated with a suspension/ban so dont even think about it...

Since it is out of warranty and dvd errors arent covered you will have to fix it yourself.
The unreadable disc error will most likely just be a bad laser, go try Moda's pot calibration tutorial this fixes these reading errors in most cases...
Search for it on Google!

Thanks, I'll give the tutorial a shot first, appreciate the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users