xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

After a lot of reading I think I have narrowed my selection down to two sets, both Sony Bravia W series.

The first set is a Sony KDL-40W4000, reviewed here.

The second is a Sony KDL-40W4500, an uprated model of the first set and slightly more expensive. The review for this one is here.

I am leaning more towards the 40W4500, but would like an opinion from someone who actually owns one or knows a lot about them! Ignore the price at What Hi-Fi? the sets are way cheaper online.

#2 ld006

ld006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

I really wouldn't go with either of them...why? because teh response time is too high....8ms is crappy....you can get 6ms and below for much cheaper, the faster the reponse time, the less blocks and pixels you will see on moving images

I highly recommend the samsungs, most of them have 6-4 ms response times and really high contrast ratios and good levels of black, there are some really good ones out there, take a look at the smasung and you wont be dissapointed

I have the ln40a650 and it's perfect, 4 hdmi instead of 3 like that sony and the option of 120hz or 60hz refresh rate

#3 ekirts

ekirts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

It's true, Samsung is the best LCD TV right now as far as quality and price are concerned. It allows you to do whatever you want on a tv ranging from playing games and connecting it to your the pc to watching tv programs and blu ray movies. I really love this tv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users