Photo

Chance Of Getting "unflashable" Dvd-drive With New 360?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:13 AM

Hey guys.

My flashed 360 died a while back and the poor thing has been sitting in the corner of my room for months now. I can't take advantage of the warranty since I voided it, so I figure it's time to replace it.

I would like to flash it once again, but I've read about the new drives and they sound kinda scary. If I purchase a new system, would it be probable that I end up with one of those or have they not proliferated that much?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ZimbuTheMonkey, 13 October 2008 - 08:14 AM.

#2 Chimp5000

Chimp5000

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, Modding, Gaming, XBOXXBOXXBOX!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Unfortunately, at this point in time, if you go out and get one it will mostlikely be a lite-on drive. However, I would trygetting one from either radioshack or blockbuster since those places arent well known for selling video game systems. There is probably a good chance that one of those places has had a 360 sitting im the back room for a while.

#3 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Chimp5000 @ Oct 13 2008, 03:48 PM) View Post

Unfortunately, at this point in time, if you go out and get one it will mostlikely be a lite-on drive. However, I would trygetting one from either radioshack or blockbuster since those places arent well known for selling video game systems. There is probably a good chance that one of those places has had a 360 sitting im the back room for a while.

Yep and print out some pages with the latest mfg dates from http://360drives.com then you can look for a BenQ...

#4 ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for the proper dates.

Also, is there a downside to getting the old ones? Do the new ones have better hardware to ward off RRODs?

#5 Skv012a

Skv012a

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Not that i know of aside from the very latest with LiteOn. And that in itself is a speculation.

#6 ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

Wait a second, is there a way I can use my old Hitachi flashed drive in a new Xbox 360? That one is already flashed and everything and works perfectly.

#7 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Skv012a @ Oct 15 2008, 07:06 PM) View Post

Not that i know of aside from the very latest with LiteOn. And that in itself is a speculation.

yep all 360s are the same atm, as long as it isnt older than sept 07 you will have a falcon...

QUOTE(ZimbuTheMonkey @ Oct 16 2008, 01:23 AM) View Post

Wait a second, is there a way I can use my old Hitachi flashed drive in a new Xbox 360? That one is already flashed and everything and works perfectly.

You will have to read out the key and then flash it to the hitachi, you cant just swap dvd-drives...

Edited by Wilhelm_I, 16 October 2008 - 08:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users