• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 profspudhed

profspudhed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

i have a hdmi 360 which keeps freezing, it doesnt show any rlod (i could only wish it would then it would point me in the right direction) it will run the dashboard fine but when loading a game it will get a min or two in and just freeze up. now im pretty experienced with fixing these things but this one has me stumped, as i didnt know what was wrong i thought id cover all the regular bases so i reflowed the cpu, gpu and southbridge but the problem persists. as it only seems to die when it gets into a game i assumed it was gpu but it seems not. anyone have any idea? its driving me mental

#2 Ktmrida4lyfe

Ktmrida4lyfe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(profspudhed @ Oct 14 2008, 01:22 PM) View Post

i have a hdmi 360 which keeps freezing, it doesnt show any rlod (i could only wish it would then it would point me in the right direction) it will run the dashboard fine but when loading a game it will get a min or two in and just freeze up. now im pretty experienced with fixing these things but this one has me stumped, as i didnt know what was wrong i thought id cover all the regular bases so i reflowed the cpu, gpu and southbridge but the problem persists. as it only seems to die when it gets into a game i assumed it was gpu but it seems not. anyone have any idea? its driving me mental

Maybe its a cooling issue, or an issue with the thermal compound, if that has ever been replaced. If the thermal compound has been replaced previously try re-doing it as evenly as possible, and as thin as possible.. and you could try doing the 12v fan mod to it and see if that helps... also make sure nothing is shorting out anywhere.

#3 owchar

owchar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:27 PM

is it just 1 game that's its freezing for or all games?
what about movies

to me it sounds like its just your dvd drive or hard drive which is the problem (hard drive fail on me freezes only on 1 game that's why i ask)
try playing the game (and movie) without the hard drive see if it still freezes

#4 profspudhed

profspudhed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

it will run dvds and videos ok and its not the drive at fault as ive run it with demos from the hard drive with the dvd drive disconnected entirely, its the same with all games too. im still thinking its the gpu somehow, unless of course its the ram chips on the underside of the board but i would expect it to crash in the dash or with dvds if it was the ram at fault

#5 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

If it's only crashing with DVD based games (demos run fine, XBLA games run fine, etc), then it's probably your HDD's cache. You can clear it...I forget the code but it's all over these forums.

#6 Ktmrida4lyfe

Ktmrida4lyfe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(brandogg @ Oct 14 2008, 03:56 PM) View Post

If it's only crashing with DVD based games (demos run fine, XBLA games run fine, etc), then it's probably your HDD's cache. You can clear it...I forget the code but it's all over these forums.

Go to your dashboard, then go all the way to the right tab and click memory.
Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices? Hit yes.

See if that helps... you can also try holding the sync button down while turning it on.

#7 profspudhed

profspudhed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

i think youve misunderstood me it still freezes playing a demo from the hard drive with the dvd disconnected, it freezes with a dvd game in and hard drive disconnected altogether too so its not a cache issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users