Photo

Controller Not Working, But Only On Certain Games!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reddragon105

reddragon105

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:21 AM

When playing on my 360 I'm having a problem with my controller, but only on certain games. I recently got Battlefield: Bad Company, started playing through the campaign and everything was going fine until it got to the point where in the 'tutorial' they ask you to shoot. I pressed the right trigger and nothing happened. The funny thing is, I discovered that if I press the Guide button to bring up the menu, then press it again to put the menu away, it works! But not for long, it soon stops working, but then bringing up then cancelling the Guide makes it work again.

My controller is in excellent condition - it hasn't been dropped or thrown or abused in any way. The trigger isn't sticking, it feels fine, and most importantly it works perfectly with every other game I own.

I thought it was just Bad Company, that perhaps it was a software issue and that there would be a patch for it, so I just stopped playing it. However tonight the same thing happened with a different game (F.E.A.R.).

So it's not my controller, and it's only these two games. What could be the problem?

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

The Analog lines of the 360 controllers are really picky if they're messed with, but I wouldn't say it would be impossible for an untouched controller to have an issue either. Try another controller first and see how that one acts, if it works fine you'll know your controller is just a hair out of whack and needs adjusting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users