Photo

Lost Orig.bin But Still Have Hacked Fw, Recoverable ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 timulo

timulo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

I have lost my org.bin but still have the hacked version of my xbox360 fw which was working fine however the drive on that system had suddenly ejected the tray on shutdown a few days ago and on restart had stopped ejecting altogether and reading disks.
I had another sam drive , i tried to read the fw of the hacked one with iprep using dsam and then shut down the computer and swapped boards on the drive for the blank one, restarted and fsam'd the new hacked fw to the drive.
The drive now starts up and see's disks and ejects properly but is not reading the disks anymore...anydisk..orig or burned.
Was that the correct procedure for transfering a hacked fw from one drive to another ?
I have checked the new fw for the new drive with keydrive extractor/patcher 1.5 and it says that there is a key in there.
But now when i try to confirm its the same with the old drive i cannot read the original drive (with the first hacked fw)....iprep just gets stuck reading at 00% when i switch it on at 5, 10, 15 or 20 seconds delay after selecting the pri master (drive switched on at dos and turned off when given a choice to select pri master )
Ive swapped hardware around, tried 2 diff lasers....went out and bought a new xbox only to discover these new lite on drives are hardcore to flash and perhaps beyond my current abilitys, still looking for a solution.

Any ideas out there,

Thanks in advance.

#2 Kijoki

Kijoki

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

You should've extracted the key from the old one and replaced it on the new one. What you did is flash the new one with the old fw. Unless I am mistaken that is not the correct procedure. However I have never spoofed a drive before so I am inexperienced in this field.

#3 oxide32

oxide32

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

hi mate, just a question, are both the drives your using the same because if the are then you dont need to do any spoofing as such, the ms25 and ms28 samsung drives pretty much are the exact same disk drive, its always best to tell the new drive to report back to the motherboard inquiry that it is the same firmware it shipped out of the factory with.
anyway if you still have the old chip from the working hacked drive then you have to get this reconnected because the key information that that drive chip holds has to match the key stored on the motherboard.
did you flash the hacked drive with an ixtreme firmware because they have the firmguard which makes em difficult to access after being flashed etc. even if you flashed an ms25 it may be now flashed with the ms28 ixtreme which has the firmguard because both drives can run with either firmware ms25-ms28 ms28-ms25 if you follow me.

#4 timulo

timulo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

no both drives are MS25,s
basically a quick rundown of whats happened is this,

Bought 360 (ms25 model)
Flashed 360, works fine for 6 months however lost orig.bin (hard drive crash)
Flashed dvd drive stops ejecting. and detecting disks.
Bought a spare ms25 drive from ebay.
Used iprep to create a new fw from old (and already flashed) drive then flashed that new fw to a different drive.
Works ok now with eject and detecting disks but now cannot read anything.

The original HACKED bin is still on the old ms25 drive but now iprep cannot read again for some reason.

what i really need to know is

if u have the key is everything cool or is there more data from the orig.bin that i should have saved.

I mean i thought that iprep and the other flashing programs just read the key from the original fw and then sticks the key in its own version of the FW.

And the other thing i need to know is ,

is there a way to just straight copy one fw to another card.

Obviously the hacked fw i have on the first drive is fine and just needs puting on another drive.....right ?

#5 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

It was probably just your laser, it would have been cheaper and easier to replace that. Also, it would have been easier to open the drives and swap PCBs, then you wouldn't need to flash anything.

#6 flash360

flash360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

With sammys the key is the only thing you need biggrin.gif Just dump the firmware from your old drive and put it on the new one. Drives bought on ebay are moified to expire as soon as you leave feedback laugh.gif Sounds like you need a new laser. you say its not reading anything, are you getting "open tray" or "unplayable disc" or the mother of all error codes "to play this game put it in to an xbox 360 console" ohmy.gif

#7 timulo

timulo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

are you getting "open tray" or "unplayable disc" or the mother of all error codes "to play this game put it in to an xbox 360 console" ohmy.gif
[/quote
No, that was basicaly the original problem, the tray would not eject, would just say opening closing all the time when the button was pressed but would not do anything and the laser would not look for a diak in basically any circumstances.
Ive then moved the board from that unit to a new unit and tried that but just repeted the same problem, so not only did i try a new laser with the old board but tried an entirely new drive (minus new board)

So after that i tried to transfer the old fw to the new drive buy using thr iprep procedure swapping the old board for the new board halfway through.

#8 oxide32

oxide32

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

the old broken drive with the original firmware that used to work should be fine mate (just ignore the fact it dont read properly thats only the mechanical side of things). i think the problem actually was the iprep bit, i would have used the mtkflash in dos to do a read and then write basically mtkflash r /m orig.bin and then an mtkflash w /m orig.bin back to the NEW drive. thats a pretty much a straight drive firmware swap. try doing that mate you might be surprised. i find that going back to basics usually sorts the problem m8.

#9 timulo

timulo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

ill try that tonight, cheers for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users