Icedevil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

Okay so I have tried flashing two drives with my comp so far and both run into this problem I cannot find a resolution for. I have searched for ever and finally gave up and decided to noob it. So here it is,

First Drive Hitachi 78 (got into mode-b using Slax)
Second Drive Hitachi 59dj (got into mode-b using two wire trick)

So both get into mode be, I have both indicators. I boot my comp with the drive connected to regular windows. I can get on the internet listen to music the usual. But as soon as I try to explore my comp, or do anything that would normally require a list of drives to be displayed kills my comp. I can only use ctrl-alt-delete and run new commands. But can open win explorer my computer or anything just freezes. CMD doing a reg edit the drive list shows ony my hard drive. (and with the 59dj my reg ide dvd drive went missing). And windows never says new hardware found.
When I boot to safe mode windows recognizes some type of drive but I could never flash it or get keys.

So if anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Icedevil, 18 October 2008 - 04:20 AM.

#2 XmodsUK

XmodsUK

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

Have you tried different SATA ports? What SATA controller are you using?

#3 Icedevil

Icedevil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

Yea I have used both sata ports, there on board and I belive they are VIA. WOuld it just be easier to buy a sata card and throw it in a pci slot. That way I could use it for my 58 and 78?

#4 Icedevil

Icedevil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:08 AM

Alright update
Onboard Chipset is Via KM400A
XP SP 3

I can get the drive recognized and not crashing windows by letting my computer fully boot and then once in windows starting my xbox 360 and putting the drive into mode-b with the two wire trick. The drive then shows up in my "My Computer" section. But once I try to flash it using Ixtreme it returns an error saying that the drive won't flash. Also, when I check "My computer" the drive is gone!

OK so i booted into admin on safe mode. Same trick to get the drive recognized as before. This time though when the flasher gives me the error the drive doesn't disappear in the list. So I tried to do a restore thinking maybe someone b4 me messed around with the drive" this caused the same drive not flashing error and then made the drive disappear.

O and yes the drive will eject if I hit the eject button in windows.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, i really don't want to have to buy an adapter but if I do I do... QQ

#5 Icedevil

Icedevil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

BUMP still stuck any suggestions or ideas welcome

#6 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

be carefull with that 2 wire trick its killed lots of hitachi's try using the mobe b by podger its great, if i was you i would get a via 6421 card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users