• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jms1977

jms1977

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hi guys recently had my 360 flashed its running 1.41 ixtreme (benq) can i update the firmware when a new version comes out as i want to do this myself, i dont have the original firmware as someone flashed my drive for me, can i just over write the 1.41 with the newer version when it comes out? thanks for any help biggrin.gif

#2 oxide32

oxide32

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

hi m8, you will need to read out the hacked firmware (ixtreme) that is on your drive, this will always contain the drive KEY that you must apply to any further updates you do.
dont be tempted to just go ahead and write a new firmware straight onto the drive because it will overwrite your key with the key that is on the hacked firmware that could be either someone elses key or a load of 000000's.
ALWAYS make sure you have your key safe somewhere, even if you want to copy and paste it into a .txt file and save it on your desktop just incase of mistakes.
what im saying is treat your drive key like gold cause without it you have a brilliant door jam.

#3 jms1977

jms1977

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(oxide32 @ Oct 19 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

hi m8, you will need to read out the hacked firmware (ixtreme) that is on your drive, this will always contain the drive KEY that you must apply to any further updates you do.
dont be tempted to just go ahead and write a new firmware straight onto the drive because it will overwrite your key with the key that is on the hacked firmware that could be either someone elses key or a load of 000000's.
ALWAYS make sure you have your key safe somewhere, even if you want to copy and paste it into a .txt file and save it on your desktop just incase of mistakes.
what im saying is treat your drive key like gold cause without it you have a brilliant door jam.

Cheers oxide sorry to be a newb but ive gotta start somewhere lol but how do i do this please?

#4 louierev07

louierev07

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

this is almost the same issue im having. I just want to reflash it to 12x instead of 8x. How do i get my drive key? theres no way i lost it so far if my drive is working right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users