• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frazlee

frazlee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

Just got back a 360 from MS due to RRoD and this one just RRoDed. So I have been doing some research about this x-clamp mod, is it really gonna solve the RRoD issue or will this keep happening? MS sent me back a Xenon model, hoping this time I get a Opus. dry.gif

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(frazlee @ Oct 20 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post

Just got back a 360 from MS due to RRoD and this one just RRoDed. So I have been doing some research about this x-clamp mod, is it really gonna solve the RRoD issue or will this keep happening? MS sent me back a Xenon model, hoping this time I get a Opus. dry.gif

LOL
If it is covered by the warranty just keep sending it in til they replace the mobo, if you cant be arsed anymore fix it, on the other hand you could sell the 1 month xblive cards on ebay if you have to send it in every week, so regard this when you make your decision.

The X-Clamp replacement works only for a couple of months if you send it in there is the chance to get a new mobo which will last like a year til it breaks again.
The average is like 6 months

Edited by Wilhelm_I, 20 October 2008 - 03:34 PM.

#3 frazlee

frazlee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, I am hoping to get a new mobo. If I get the Xenon again I will be furious and I'm on my 4th month of Xbox live cards now and I heard some cases of people getting a free game for their troubles.
QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Oct 20 2008, 04:09 PM) View Post

The X-Clamp replacement works only for a couple of months if you send it in there is the chance to get a new mobo which will last like a year til it breaks again.
The average is like 6 months

So the 360 is a ticking time bomb no matter what version(jasper/xenon etc)?

#4 sethiroth33

sethiroth33

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Motocross, and anything involving technology.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(frazlee @ Oct 20 2008, 05:45 PM) View Post

Yeah, I am hoping to get a new mobo. If I get the Xenon again I will be furious and I'm on my 4th month of Xbox live cards now and I heard some cases of people getting a free game for their troubles.

Basically ya... and then when it breaks you can try heatgunning it, and if done correctly and that doesnt fix it, then the mobo is fried haha

#5 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(frazlee @ Oct 20 2008, 06:45 PM) View Post

ye pretty much doesnt matter, they all got the same design flaws, however since Falcons and Jaspers run cooler they will last a little bit longer but in the end they will die as well...

#6 frazlee

frazlee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Is there a single factor for 360s failing or just overall bad design? Seriously though how bad can MS be? Man my original xbox was a fucking TANK, I spilled drinks on it, dropped stuff on it, threw it, and so much more and it never gave me one problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users