- 1. I used the twilight princess exploit to install the homebrew channel on my Wii 3.2e
2. I put wadmanger 1.1, dvdx, Loader and CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad on a SD card.
3. I use dvdx to set 249 and wad manager to install CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
4. Using backup-creator I could create a backup image that would boot on the Wii
This worked for me on the few backups I tried.
Yesterday I spotted Wii Backup Launcher Update had been released and what I did was.
- 1. I renamed CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad to IOS36-64-v1042.wad and copied it to the root of my SD card.
2. copied cIOS36_rev5-Installer.dol to my SD card and renamed it to boot.dol
3. I ran the installer and everything seemed to go as it should.
4. reboot the wii and wad manager and loader wont work anymore.
5. tried using uninstaller wad to get my system back to it's original state, doesn't help
So what I think has happened is I used the wrong IOS36-64-v1042.wad and that is what's causing me my problems. If all else fails can I format the wii memory to get the machine back to factory settings and then apply the twilight exploit again?