• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 (v)ousey 2008

(v)ousey 2008

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

i dont know how this has happened or what to do i think probs just be broke for spares unless theres some genius that can fix this??

the two red circles show which two chips are know missing when get ma digi cam working i will post the actual damage. as it hasnt broke any board just 2 chips have gone!

IPB Image

i know its a zephyr board and stupidly enough the warranty is gone cos sticker bein void before i got it

i am not the original owner of this console i got i broke from what i got out of original owner it had no visual and then went on to rrod know the console powers to rrod.

i wouldnt of powered this up if i was aware that chips were missing it is giving fault 0002

any help much appreciated also any one that this has value to i may be willing to sell it as i dont have use for it as broken

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

it takes some serious heatgun-overkill or violence to break those off. and chances are the contacts are damaged too. I doubt this is fixable.

#3 Chimp5000

Chimp5000

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, Modding, Gaming, XBOXXBOXXBOX!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

That is ridiculous. How does someone manage to do that? Definitely done on purpose. If I were you I'd part it out, no way that is fixable unless you are "THE" god at soldering.

#4 (v)ousey 2008

(v)ousey 2008

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

i know that this is bad i got the board like this good job it didnt cost anything would you belive that he know admits he tryed a heat gun fix when got red ring!!!!

what a fool like a know this may be sound wrong but do u think microsoft are stupid enough to take this item back if i made back to original state? and carefully hide the chip loss with thermal paste?? as i have got a warranty sticker? i have nothing to lose if the wont fix it? as i didnt pay anything?

#5 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:06 AM

yeah, MS will certainly not notice a gigantic blob of a different thermal paste all over the GPU.

#6 (v)ousey 2008

(v)ousey 2008

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

lol well scraped the idea ov covering it in thermal paste also its know back together with a new warranty sticker with it still show the rrod im goin to take my chances and send it off pmsl i aint got anything to lose the console aint that old and microsoft are stupid enough to cover rrod for 3 years so i just hpe the mebs swap out the board cos its giving fault 0002 network interface fault??? as and when i hear back off microsoft ill let you know what happens

#7 (v)ousey 2008

(v)ousey 2008

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

well a bit the bullet and got in-touch with microsoft. about a console repair. sad.gif booked a slot sent it off to frankfurt germany on 10/10/08 and today 19/10/08 sure enough ups where at the door with a nice new refurbished elite with a nice new 1 year warranty and new warranty sticker and supporting letter stating that they found that the dvd and motherboard required attention and due to the run up to christmas they have replaced them with brand new parts free of charge pmsl at microsoft 1-0 to the modders laugh.gif least there trying with the new warranty stickers that peel off just as well as the old ones with abit heat!! ohmy.gif so im know up another console and this cost me a whole week of waiting and 0.00p cool.gif

#8 pcexpert2

pcexpert2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:52 AM

microsoft wont notice that dry.gif , I turned in my 360 with no heatsinks i still got it back fixed biggrin.gif

#9 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:27 AM

a warning for you both, warranty fraud is against X-S policy. enjoy the holiday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users