• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iron_warrior99

iron_warrior99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

OK guys I need some help. here are some pics of my 360 arcade. I need suggestions on areas of improvement. it looks kinda Frankenstien I know but what can I do to improve it? The first pic is the xcm core cooler v2 hooked up to the disk drive like they suggest. the second pic is the case with holes cut through for ventilation of the core coolers(the piece of metal under the top of the case has also been removed). the third pic is an 80mm fan hooked up to a 9v 350ma wall transformer. it has an on/off toggle switch this fan doesn't spin that fast so it's not cooling much. and the last pic is the whisper max fan with the grills cut out as you can see. any help is appriciated. thanks guys biggrin.gif

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

#2 Retman

Retman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

sad.gif Do NOT hook the core cooler to your DVD Drive. You will have serious problems in the future.

#3 owchar

owchar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(Retman @ Oct 23 2008, 02:18 PM) View Post

sad.gif Do NOT hook the core cooler to your DVD Drive. You will have serious problems in the future.

agreed thats 1 good point that needs to be done

also i think you should put mesh grills in the side of the 360 like this one
IPB Image

leaving it open (if you do) you will notice the internals of the 360 will be WAY more dusty

#4 BombTester

BombTester

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:LED Work and SMD Work
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

Yeah add some Fan Grills

#5 iron_warrior99

iron_warrior99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

thanks guys grills would make it better. the core coolerv2 and the whisper max fans on the rear really keep it cool.there's absolutly no warmth on the bottom of the consol that I can feel. where can I find a good temp sensor with read out. like the xcm air cooler has and can I hook a fan speed controler up to the xbox? I thought I saw a topic on here where somebody tried it but can't find the topic. any help? thanks again laugh.gif

#6 RYU81

RYU81

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(Retman @ Oct 24 2008, 12:18 AM) View Post

can you confirm that?i'm using more than 9 months without problem.if it make problems in the future why they did that??to brick our dvd drivers?

#7 iron_warrior99

iron_warrior99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(iron_warrior99 @ Oct 23 2008, 04:31 PM) View Post

OK guys I need some help. here are some pics of my 360 arcade. I need suggestions on areas of improvement. it looks kinda Frankenstien I know but what can I do to improve it? The first pic is the xcm core cooler v2 hooked up to the disk drive like they suggest. the second pic is the case with holes cut through for ventilation of the core coolers(the piece of metal under the top of the case has also been removed). the third pic is an 80mm fan hooked up to a 9v 350ma wall transformer. it has an on/off toggle switch this fan doesn't spin that fast so it's not cooling much. and the last pic is the whisper max fan with the grills cut out as you can see. any help is appriciated. thanks guys biggrin.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Imagethe transformer I have this fan hooked up to just blew it doesn't work now any suggestions why?
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users