• 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximus - 360 Xtractor Reader 2.3
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats New on 2.3

- Whole Redesign, now it looks like the perfect companion for
360 Xtractor hardware.
- ADDED: Support for Native (no need for Legacy Mode anymore)
- ADDED: Direct Sata Port Detection (no need to mess with addressing)
- ADDED: Improved code for fast reading
- ADDED: Quick addons that simplify the process since key read till get
a spoof firmware

*Note1: This version requires Winford Portio32 drivers, visit our page at
www.maximusgames.net/360xtractor.php on the download section you
will find the driver and Install Guide

*Note2: If you plan to use the USB serial read you need to install USB driver
on www.maximusgames.net/360xtractor.php on the download section you
will find drivers and install guides for it. AND ALSO: THE USB DOES
NOT FEED POWER TO XTRACTOR, YOU NEED PLUG IT TO YOUR PC POWER SOURCE !!

*Note3: Take note Firmware Toolbox 4.8 will not open properly the resultant
file (Benq, Samsung) after spoofing, only hitachi firmwares can be
opened in Toolbox 4.8 for flashing, we are working on a new release
to allow toolbox open without problems, meanwhile Samsung or Benq
generated files can be flashed with mtkflash/dosflash as usual.

WHAT IS IT ?
----------
Graphical tool to allow read keys from Lite On / Benq Drives
It supports USB key dumping if using with an 360 Xtractor Tool
Also contains bonus feature as NO-SLAX ModeB command
Can work with 360 xtractor tool or other (homemade max323) adapters,
even rival tools are welcome

MAIN FEATURES:
---------
- Key reading on Liteon Benq Drives
- key.bin/identify.bin/inquiry.bin file generation
- Allow ORIGINAL / CLONE detection for 360 Xtractor Tool (R.I.P. D.France)
- BONUS FEATURE: Send ModeB command to All Hitachi Drives (even 78/79) NO SLAX REQUIRED

INSTALLATION:
---------------
- Unzip contents on the folder you like, make sure the folder has write permissions
since some small temp files could be generated by application on that folder

HOW TO USE:
------------------
- This application rely on Legacy Mode or IDE-SATA adapter to be able to send/receive
data from the drive, Legacy Mode it could or could not be supported by your PC Bios
once enabled the OS will see sata channels as if where regular IDE channels

- Once you setup Legacy Mode or IDE-SATA adapter you should choose the IDE Port
(Primary Master/Primary Slave or Secundary Master/Secundary Slave) according to the
sata channel you have attached the Drive, you could simply click on "SEND IDENTIFY ATAPI"
button so if you get the Drive response then its the proper channel

- Liteon Drives should be powered on with tray half opened, I would recommend follow this great
tutorial from devils360 http://www.devilsps3...ia.net/360/?p=7
you also should choose the com port that is used to comunicate with the drive

- To Read liteon Keys just click on "Key Read" Button, keys will be displayed

- To Save Files just click on "Get Key And Files" and files will be generated and you
will be asked for location of the files

- To Put a Hitachi drive in ModeB just click on ModeB button, make sure the attached drive is
a Hitachi, this command will be rejected for other brand of drives, this feature is useful
on Hitachi 78/79 to avoid SLAX booting.

- Dont use this tool to mess with Other (Windows Visible) drives or dvd roms, sending eject/load
commands to windows controlled drives could work but if you disturb windows control over them
horrible things could happen. My advice is keep a channel for the "non-visible" drives it could
be Primary or the Master, and leave the other for Windows controlled drives

Edited by Antman1, 25 October 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#2 BenieUK

BenieUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

Sounds like this tool is starting to come together now smile.gif am off to try this out...

#3 BenieUK

BenieUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

Seems to work good, i can now select my via pci card smile.gif

Edited by BenieUK, 25 October 2008 - 03:24 PM.

#4 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

Hi folks, just did some testing.... In SOME cases this utility will give the incorrect DVD Key.....

*** Use it at your own risk ***

I will pass the details to Maximus later.....

gtg

#5 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

Ive been given some of these details and will run small tests in podgers absence.

My advice is dont use it 'just' yet until its confirmed / fixed

#6 carranzafp

carranzafp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

Podger and OggyUk again ?

Its ok you check over my job buddies you only inspire me to shut your mouth off, I would be not podger style send me details on the issues, he preffer to post on mega huge letters on forums.

So i will answer on same style now

STOP TELLING PEOPLE DONT USE IT !!!

IF YOU THINK KEYS ARE BAD READED TURN OFF/TURN ON THE DRIVE AND RE-DUMP 5 TIMES TILL YOU FEEL SAFE !!!

ALSO DO THE FLASHING ON THE DRIVE, IF NOT LOAD DISKS BECAUSE OF THE KEY YOU HAVE THE LITEON TO REDUMP.

If you confirm/replicate the bug I expect solid evidence and I dont care if you put on ARIAL 128 size. but if not have evidence stop posting bullshit.

If you feel this have killed your application, then its not scene problem.

Edited by carranzafp, 25 October 2008 - 07:45 PM.

#7 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

Maybe its because podger spots the bugs and you should be fucking thankful he is doing so.

Podger messaged me to see if I could test for a wider scale as he trusts me with information and trusts my word as he wasnt going to be in to test some more.

Also, podger did state that he would give you the details..... I highly doubt he would want to email you at your MS owned email address though, and of course, you know where to find him on IRC - so unfortunately, these bugs must be aired publically.

All this is vaguley pointed out in podgers 'gtg' and my post stating 'in his absence'

I see no large font in the above posts, and edit times are shown.

Again, we 'advised' that it wasnt used because of this bug - Is it wrong to look out for the other members?? As thats all we are doing.

As this bug can potentially create bad key dumps, its a good job the LiteOn itself isnt being modded or people could have lost their proper, valid drive key for good.

#8 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Oct 25 2008, 07:01 PM) View Post

Podger and OggyUk again ?

Its ok you check over my job buddies you only inspire me to shut your mouth off, I would be not podger style send me details on the issues, he preffer to post on mega huge letters on forums.

So i will answer on same style now

STOP TELLING PEOPLE DONT USE IT !!!

IF YOU THINK KEYS ARE BAD READED TURN OFF/TURN ON THE DRIVE AND RE-DUMP 5 TIMES TILL YOU FEEL SAFE !!!

ALSO DO THE FLASHING ON THE DRIVE, IF NOT LOAD DISKS BECAUSE OF THE KEY YOU HAVE THE LITEON TO REDUMP.

If you confirm/replicate the bug I expect solid evidence and I dont care if you put on ARIAL 128 size. but if not have evidence stop posting bullshit.

If you feel this have killed your application, then its not scene problem.

Wow Maximus: ... what a bad attitude...

All that i do here, is for my fellow X-S members... I took time out of my day to test your code, AGAIN!... but I'm sure your customers will complain soon enough.. not all will be effected by this.. but the percentage is high...

Fellow X-S Members -1 :

Basically the Key extract routine has a bug and gives corrupt keys

the key is delivered over serial in the format

83 xx yy zz 83 aa bb cc 83 ss rr tt 83 ee ff gg 83 aa bb cc 83 pp 20 20

and the key is then the 16 bytes without the framing bytes i.e. the 0x85's and 0x20's:

xx yy zz aa bb cc ss rr tt ee ff gg aa bb cc pp

but the routine in Max's tool is causing bytes to be dropped you can get a bad key, in my case the byte at gg was dropped:

83 xx yy zz 83 aa bb cc 83 ss rr tt 83 ee ff 83 aa bb cc 83 pp 20 20

so the key becomes

xx yy zz aa bb cc ss rr tt ee ff 83 bb cc 83 20

notice that the last 5 bytes become

83 bb cc 83 20

but should be

gg aa bb cc pp

so it drops 1 or more bytes but you lose even more as the framing bytes are used instead of good data

Although DVDKey32 doesn't have this bug It seemed to be effected by it,,, that's why it took me so long to reply as DVDKey32 was actually giving the same BAD key as Maximus's tool when used straight afterward.... If you use DVDKey32 from the get go you will get a good key...

I have added some extra code to negate the effects of the bug on DVDkey32, added some extra checking logic to DVDKey32.exe to confirm that the serial data is good and finally, a new dump file to work with Firmtool 1.3 from Caster420.

But if you see 83 20 as the last 2 bytes of your key as will be the case if one byte is dropped, or 20 20 if 2 bytes are droppped, then you can be pretty sure the key is wrong.

Maximus:

I'm always happy to help, as many here can atest, so if you don't find the bug, and with a little attitude adjustment I'll be happy to help.....

#9 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

great job Podger. Thanks a lot for your help on making all safe. I still use the Dos version of DVD Key. I just made some bat files and a menu that makes all my flashing needs easy but safe.

#10 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

carranzafp:

Podger was very polite in his first post, and even stated that he was going to give you the details. He has proven that your software has a bug that could affect a unknown percentage of users, putting them at risk.

It is not fair for you to bash him, when he is doing the right thing. He is looking out for the members of this society, and their best interests.

If he says there is a bug in your software, then *there is a bug in your software*. He does not waste his time posting just to piss you off, or mislead the public. He has written solid tools and software for this scene, and has a proven track record of writing (for the most part!) clean bug-free code.

You should be happy of his catch, as it improves your software for your end users.

#11 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Well, out of the 14 I have here, only 2 keys were effected by this bug.

Although, that is 1 in 7 - I think its unfair to 'use' that for statistical purposes as its on such a small scale.

#12 mp3boy

mp3boy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

I've tested this with the backups I have of Liteon drive data - 4 out of 64 were affected.

#13 carranzafp

carranzafp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(podger @ Oct 26 2008, 04:14 AM) View Post

Wow Maximus: ... what a bad attitude...

I'm always happy to help, as many here can atest, so if you don't find the bug, and with a little attitude adjustment I'll be happy to help.....

Sorry, was not me the one who make it personal, do you have lost your memory? or you changed your mind about ALL your previous posts on other topics? did I say a lie about your "style"?

Seriouly, I like the scene but you come her and start a personal battle. Since my first version I credited in full for your job on the xtractor video and after that I just discover the kind of person you are.

I was not aware you were spiritual leaders or super-man protector of the scene and all the releases should be released with your authorization. You and Oggie comes here to SAVE the world from the evil-maximus?, come on !!! Even people who have done more for the scene are not such arrogant.

I still not see evidence of a bug (the technical explanation of the key format is something that obviously I knowed and not an evidence of it). Also Its strange how people can do test with backup data, the tests should be done with real drives. Also they didnt specify if they did the test with xtractor hardware or with a homebrew device wich (if bad soldered/wire routed) can cause bad readings due to hardware.

By other hand and to close my intervention on this topic forever, I will not say use my tool or podger tool, use whatever you want but I have a suggestion for all users:
a) Even if you use my application or even the Ghandi's, superman's, podger's tools, turn off the drive, turn on again and dump the keys, do that for 5 times and compare all the 5 dumped keys.

In the case where you see one of these dont match do more dumps till you feel safe, and IN THE WORST case you will have the liteon there to do more dumps so I think will not be the end of the world as some people want to make it be seen.

And Iriez, I dont think I have to reply to your statement, you know what is going on here perfectly.

Edited by carranzafp, 26 October 2008 - 05:30 PM.

#14 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Oct 26 2008, 12:04 PM) View Post

I still not see evidence of a bug (the technical explanation of the key format is something that obviously I knowed and not an evidence of it). Also Its strange how people can do test with backup data, the tests should be done with real drives. Also they didnt specify if they did the test with xtractor hardware or with a homebrew device wich (if bad soldered/wire routed) can cause bad readings due to hardware.

By other hand and to close my intervention on this topic forever, I will not say use my tool or podger tool, use whatever you want but I have a suggestion for all users:
a) Even if you use my application or even the Ghandi's, superman's, podger's tools, turn off the drive, turn on again and dump the keys, do that for 5 times and compare all the 5 dumped keys.

In the case where you see one of these dont match do more dumps till you feel safe, and IN THE WORST case you will have the liteon there to do more dumps so I think will not be the end of the world as some people want to make it be seen.

And Iriez, I dont think I have to reply to your statement, you know what is going on here perfectly.

The evidence is sitting in this thread. Perhaps you need to re-read it. He has clearly defined and explained how the bug works. What do you want, for him to fix your code too? LOL. christ.

Dumping it 5 times WILL NOT fix the problem. Dumping it 5 times will produce the SAME problem...every...single..time. Thats why its a bug. Hell, oggy and mp3boy just tested over 70 drives, and showed you exactly how many were affected by your bug. What more evidence do you need? Fix your shit.

Yes, I know whats going on. I know podger jumped on your case in the past. However, this is not the past, this is the present. And the present was him politely explaining the situation, and offering help. He did not offer to shit in your hand, as you seem to think he did.

#15 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

Well, my dumps were on physical drives, and the problem persists throughout your software.

mp3boy checked his backup data for potential issues but did physically test the outcome and it was as expected.

My setup/methods:

Hardware

Team Xecuter Conn kit v2 with additional Tx / Rx wires added into socket
Podgers Max3232 LVTTL converter (thanks podger)
Using Com Port 1

Software used in testing

DVDKey32 - Lahey's own one for me, dumps to folder (based on 0.51)
Xtractor 2.3
Hex Workshop v5

Unfortunately, I dont have the Xtractor hardware, but Im sure someone will lend me theirs but from my limited knowledge, hardware certainly isnt the cause.

mp3boy

Used xbox console to power drive
Home made Max3232 (worked fine on 64 dumps / swaps previously using dvdkey1.x 16bit)
Obviously Com Port 1
Winhex to check keys
Xtractor 2.3

We know the valid keys as they have been swapped out into other drives that are fully functioning.

You seem to overlook when I do praise you for your work in the scene, Toolbox is a fantastic tool, I use it daily - and the passkey done what we needed it to do, no one can fault you for either of those, well except nocheck firmware but thats another issue.

If you look over my posts, not just the ones in threads relative to your hardware/software you will see I do and still continue to praise you and your work, heck I even suggested what 'could' be if the 2 of you worked together

Its the attitude you adopt that makes me dislike you, but - if you release good functioning tools, who am I to complain.

The problem is, this isnt, its still buggy - I linked podger to 2.3 yesterday to say it seems like its taken a step in the right direction, no need for legacy mode and from b10 to 2.3 final means its had a complete overhaul.

Within 20 minutes he had messaged me saying of this bug, and he was going for dinner - if I could test.

How it all works baffles the hell out of me, so I dont get too involved in the technical aspect of it but rest assured, the bug IS there.

No need for nasties, all we did was advise there is a bug, put the other thread to bed and move on FFS. This was never intended as a personal attack on you or your work.

You are correct though, at least the liteon retains the correct key - No-one can lose a console from it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users